1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about new family account

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by dan9khoa, Jan 15, 2010.

1. dan9khoa

dan9khoa New Member

so we currently have a family account with verizon. now we want to buy new phones from verizon.

so the question is: can we make a whole new family account with old number? this way the phones are cheaper. But we still using verizon.

it's something like this: we have a family account which is in month-to-month contract with verizon. Now we go to, like, amazon.com and buy new phones with a new family account and contract.. And then we will transfer our old numbers to new phones. The thing is we don't change carrier. it's still verizon.

or our only option is to upgrade if we still want to use verizon and old numbers.

Thank you and sorry if that sounds complicated.

› See More: Question about new family account
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

amazon.com only sells phones with plans as far as I know. So in less you're at the end of your contract you would have to pay an ETF (early termination fee) and then have them transfer the lines over to the new account. I don't think that's something you want to do.

If your account is at the end of the contract then you can get a discount on new phones anyway.

The other option is to find the phones you want on eBay or another site that sells phones only and activate the phones on the appropriate lines. This can be done without even going into the store.

3. dan9khoa

dan9khoa New Member

Thanks for the reply but that's not really what I want to know.
    currently my contract has already expired. I'm in a month-to-month contract now. So contract is not important here.

I want to know if I can buy phones with a new verizon family account even though I currently have an account with verizon. and then transfer phone numbers from the old one to the new one.

I wonder if verizon allows me to do that or my only option is to upgrade.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?