1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about the VX8100.......

Discussion in 'LG' started by jayeboiwidit, Aug 4, 2006.

1. jayeboiwidit

jayeboiwidit New Member

i have a VX8100 that was sold to me by a friend all i was given was a charger and the phone (no memory card) i took a couple pictures that i would like to get on my computer how can i do that? will a data cable let me put my pictures on the computer? if so can someone post a picture of a data cable and where i can get one from please Thanks

› See More: Question about the VX8100.......
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

do you have a bluetooth dongle ? For some reason I've never gotten the cables to work but the bluetooth works fine.

3. abw1987

abw1987 New Member

I don't know about the bluetooth.. as far as I know, Verizon doesn't let you use the bluetooth file transfer protocol. But if tavenger got it to work, it's worth a shot.

But if you don't have a bluetooth dongle and don't feel like buying one, you could email the pictures to your email address from your phone. Just send a pix message and instead of entering a phone number in the "To:" field, enter your email address.

4. jayeboiwidit

jayeboiwidit New Member

ok on my laptop i have bluetooth so with my Nokia 6255i i am able to tranfer files and i see that the VX8100 has bluetooth too but i cant transfer files for some reason........what is a bluetooth dongle ? where can i get it or how do i use it ? and i cant send a pic message because it isint in service Thanks for all the help

5. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Verizon has crippled most of the bluetooth features on the 8100, so you won't be able to transfer files from your computer to your phone.

6. steel3470

steel3470 New Member

the usb cable works great with my vx8100

7. mshipper

mshipper New Member

I Got the accesoory pack from verizon. It has a usb and they gave me a discount on the 1 gig card. It was about $80 with tax.

8. jdeg

To transfer files I just take the card out of my phone, put it in a usb reader and into my computer, drop the files in the correct folders and than back into the phone.

9. jdeg

That's way too much imo.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?