1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Recording my own ringtones

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by Greg o, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Greg o

Greg o New Member

Hello everyone,

This summer I signed up with Alltel, and bought the Samsung Hue SCH-R500 phone. I just finished restoring an old John Deere tractor, and thought the sound of it would make a nice ringtone, but after recording the tractor sound to my sounds, I discovered the phone would not let me set my recorded sound as a ringtone. There must be some way to do this. Has anyone else been able to use your own recordings as ringtones, if so how is this done?

Thanks,

Greg

› See More: Recording my own ringtones
    1 person likes this.
  2. Sheik2000

Sheik2000 New Member

...not successfully. It's how they make their money.
  3. scaren

scaren New Member

Hey Greg, I have Alltel but a different phone, but I noticed that even though other family members have different phones some things are the same because they are all Alltel. Anyway, try this: Go to someone in your contacts, select their name, then edit, go down to "ringtone", select "list",then the folder "recorded audio", then find the recording you want. With a different phone the path might be slightly different, but you should be able to set that as a ringtone. You just might have to do it one contact at a time.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sheik2000

Sheik2000 New Member

I wish there was an easier way!
  5. bigblueford

bigblueford New Member

My wife has a Sumsung Hue from Alltel. We were a day or two of giving the phone back because we were unable to add custom ringtones. I finally figured it out after a little digging. Someone had the right idea and I used it on the Hue and it worked.

howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1084784&page=1&pp=15

When I had Verizon, I was able to record a sound and make it a ringtone VERY easy. It seems there lots of money to be made in downloading ringtones these days. I will have to play a little to verify that a recorded sound can be used as a ringtone. I would love to have my diesel pickup starting and idling as a ringtone.
    1 person likes this.
  6. bigblueford

bigblueford New Member

Let me get back to you. I tested this on my LG. I'll test this in My wife's Samsung Hue to make absolutely sure...I'm not sure how it handles recorded sounds off the top of my head.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  7. Valalor

Valalor New Member

there is away and a program I got it to work with my scoop but You're not goign to want to do it. its a pain. You mainly hack into the phone, mess with the files, and transfer your ringtones over and bam, you're done.
  8. okierzr

okierzr New Member

My wife just forced alltel to take her razr back for that reason.She broke her old razr and the new one would not let you apply tones.
  9. readaddict

readaddict New Member

That was a great trick, you get 2 points for that one! thanks

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?