1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Refurbished LG Voyager powers off and back on when trying to make a call

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by VintageR, Aug 3, 2012.

1. VintageR

VintageR New Member

Hello,

I just picked up what was suppose to be a factory refurbished LG Voyager VX10000 for my wife.

The phone was easy to active using *228 which I have also used to activate other phones in the past.

The problem I am having is that whenever I try to make a phone call, and even using the verizon wireless test number #832 the phone powers off and back on. If I try to call the phone, the phone does not answer and I get my wife's voice mail.

If I set the phone back to factory defaults, I can call any number and I get a message asking if I want to place a collect call or purchase a prepaid pin number. If I do not select a option it attempts to connect me with an operator.

If I active/program the phone using *228, the phone once again powers off and on when I try to make a call and will not receive any calls. I can send and receive text messages and picture messages fine.

The phone is current as far as firmware goes.

Thanks for any help,

Nick

› See More: Refurbished LG Voyager powers off and back on when trying to make a call
  2. thespokenword

thespokenword New Member

Did you figure out this problem? I am having the same problem with a phone I just bought my son.
    Let me know.
    thanks
    Bob C.

nwj likes this.
  3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

You may need to have your service provider reload the software on it.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?