1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Resetting my VX5200

Discussion in 'LG' started by IronFlippy, Jul 30, 2006.

1. IronFlippy

IronFlippy New Member

Is it possible to reset the phone's software? I had a kind of random thing happen last week. I took it out of my pocket and it said "Charge Complete". I found this odd because:
    a) The phone hasn't touched a charger for close to a week
    b) I am fairly certain I cannot charge the phone through my skin

Now instead of it going away, the battery indicator is flashing (whether or not it's plugged in). I've tried taking the battery out of the phone and placing it back, but to no avail. Help?

› See More: Resetting my VX5200
  2. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

The phone did not somehow get wet did it (either in your pocket or someplace else)?

Pull the battery out and look on the inside bottom. You will see a small circle with what looks like red crosses in there. If you don't see them, or you see one solid color (most like all red), then the phone did indeed get wet.

You will need to take the battery out, and let the phone completely dry out for a minimum of 24 hours.....the longer you can let it dry out the better.

After that time, put the phone back together and see if it still does the same thing.

If the phone has not gotten wet, then I would suggest taking the phone back to your provider and have them take a look at it.

3. IronFlippy

IronFlippy New Member

I still see the red Xs, but there's a great possibility that it could've gotten a little wet, i was at beaches all week. I'll leave it out to dry and see what happens. Thanks!

4. Damademan3

Damademan3 New Member

check the back of the battery and phone for the pink spot or any kind of solid color or design. Most likely wet when solid color shows up on battery or phone. I would then take it apart since warranty is now voided if less you got insurance on that phone. Take apart and take q tips with alcohol and wash down everything and make sure no green crosion (sp?) is left. After that just leave the phone out to dry and then put back together. I have been lucky to fix a lot of phones for friends this way.

5. Damademan3

Damademan3 New Member

Double Post... sorry, i didnt read everything completely on the battery thing. Should be alright then to take into VZW for them to look at it and give you a replacement.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?