1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Restore phone to factory settings

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by Meork, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Meork

Meork New Member

I'm curious, if I want to restore my Voyager to factory settings, will this just erase all my contacts and pictures and info and stuff, or will it actually disconnect me from my plan/account? It says it will need to be reprogrammed if I do, does that mean that it will just be a brick with a monthly plan?

› See More: Restore phone to factory settings

2. WiredNot

WiredNot New Member

Hi Meork,

You can erase all of the contacts, calender entries, photos, etc, with each program one at a time. The key is to use the Options menu of each program. The contacts and calendar both have an "Erase All" command in the Options menu. The photos require a two-step process: use the Mark All command, then erase them.

But if you want to really restore your phone to the factory settings---for example if you want to sell it---then you can probably do it using the hidden Service menu in your Voyager. Take your phone to a Verizon store and they should be able to do it for you.

Best regards, WiredNot
    1 person likes this.
  3. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

If you use option 6 (restore phone) in security, you will then need to dial *228 and when prompted, press option 1 to have the phone reprogrammed.

It does not mean you will have a bricked phone. You are in fact resetting everything on the phone but the numbers of hours the phone has been used back to like the day you/they took it out of the box.

It's a nice option when you have downloaded a ton of stuff to your phone and you just want to start all over.
    1 person likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?