1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Retrieving Deleted text messages and pictures

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by mom2onecute1, Jun 19, 2007.

1. mom2onecute1

mom2onecute1 New Member

I am curious to know if Verizon Wireless can retrieve text and picture messages that have been deleted? I have been told that with a subpoena this can be done. If so, do the pictures actually show up or will they be in a code? And with a subpoena will show it show the number from whom the text was from or does it just show who you sent the text to? I know that I can look back on phone bill and find the numbers, but I want to know about the actual text and/or picture message.

Thanks for any help!

› See More: Retrieving Deleted text messages and pictures
  2. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Check your private messages.
  3. wastedwhiteboy

wastedwhiteboy New Member

I'm curious about this also.
  4. Chickan

Chickan New Member

I'd imagine that vzw archives everything, and as such they can exactly recreate the message, though without a court order, it would be tough to talk them into giving it to you.
  5. wastedwhiteboy

yeah I keep hearing you need a subpoena. I have copied some deleted text to my computer using bitpim but now need to figure out how to get the message from the numbers and letters.
  6. Chickan

Chickan New Member

I'm not sure what it would look like, but wouldn't it just be plain text? With some formatting stuff thrown in there? Have you tried opening the files with Notepad/Wordpad?
  7. wastedwhiteboy

turns out its in hexadecimal format. converting that can be tough. I found an online converter but cant open the file without bitpim. then cant copy and past so I would have to enter a buttload of code into the converter. supposedly to the right hand of the hex is plain text but most dont make sense. some do. just curious what program others are using.
  8. sandmanxx

sandmanxx New Member

how can u get "saved" txt msg off a VERIZON LG FLIP phone
  9. cooch

cooch New Member

hi can you send me infor about how to recive deleted msg too thanks
  10. paulcman

paulcman New Member

There is no way to retrieve deleted messages. Think about the definition of deleted.
    1 person likes this.
  11. hottmommy

hottmommy New Member

PLEASE pm me if anyone is able to tell me how to retrieve the actual text/data from messaging...... not on my phone, but I have access to our online account!! All I can see is the phone numbers, but no actual data!!!
  12. paulcman

paulcman New Member

There is no way to do that.
  13. teamneon

teamneon www.BigWireless.us

Verizon did (and might have lost it in the new billing conversion) have a program called MARS that retrieved text msg details.
    It DID NOT retrieve the actual msg, just a more detailed report than is available through your online account.
    It would show date-time sent/received-and both numbers sent and received from.
    Most new employees dont know about this, only the old-school ones remember how to use it.
    I had connections at my corp store so i got copies of mine, but you prob cant usually get that without a subpeona
    1 person likes this.
  14. paulcman

paulcman New Member

All of that information is available to customers in the My Account interface. MARS is no longer available to reps at the store level.
  15. tfeggans

tfeggans New Member

There is software available online that will retrieve the last 10-20 messages. You just need to do a search. I saw one that comes with the keyboard stroke software as well. That secretly records all key strokes on the computer and runs secretly in the background. You just upload the info and bam, you have whatever anyone has typed, in any program on your computer. Don't know what you need it for-hope it helps.
  16. 1977champs

1977champs New Member

There is a way to view the last ten text messages sent and who they went to.

First, go to "send message",

Select "text",
    The screen to type your message is now displayed.

While this screen is up you hit "options, or "mode" then hit ""from recent list" or "recent messages" (all phones vary in the menu wording)

This will show the last 10-15 messages SENT from the phone!!

Even though outgoing messages are deleted from the phone, the last ten sent are still there.

Now you don't have to call and your service provider and beg them for records. Only down side, is it keeps ONLY records of what texts were SENT FROM your phone, It does not keep records for texts that were in SENT TO your cell phone.

Hope this helps,
  17. veronica

veronica New Member

I think my boyfriend is cheating on me. He erases all his messages and i would like to find a way of reading what he is texting.
  18. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I see what you're saying here, but along the lines verizon changed things with their phones. For example, my voyager can just pull contacts from the recent call list. There is no 'recent txt message' list. What phone are you using?

Simple, take his phone when he's not looking. Preferably after he uses it. :laugh:
  19. basik

basik New Member

What is the name of it ?
  20. omegamega

omegamega New Member

im not sure how old these post may be but i have the lg shine and i need to recover text messages. i also have a cheating spouse and knowing more would help me make a better decsion on what to do. someone please help.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?