1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Rigging my Dare through my stereo

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by clairehuxtable, Sep 25, 2008.

1. clairehuxtable

clairehuxtable New Member

Ok. I have a 3.5 mm audio cable running directly into my stereo. What I would like to do is be able to attach a microphone in between my phone and the existing audio cable so that I don't have to disconnect my phone when I want to make or take a call. I have searched the vast corners of the internet with no results. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried using a splitter with a three pin 3.5 mm to a stereo out and a microphone in, but the two microphones I tried did not work. Do I need to use a powered microphone, or is my only option a God awfully expensive bluetooth car kit?

› See More: Rigging my Dare through my stereo
  2. Mark_Venture

Mark_Venture New Member

Verizon did sell a "Stereo Adapter 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm with Call Answer/End Button" for some phones. It cost between $10 and $15.

Basicallly it was a cable with an inline MIC and send/end button that allowed you to use standard stereo headphones with your phone to listen to music, and the inline mic allowed you to answer and talk on phone calls...

I know the dare uses a 3.5mm jack, so it would need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm version. Not sure if VZW sells this or not.

Curiously they DO have the 2.5mm to 3.5mm listed as a Dare accessory on their web site, so its worth hitting a verizon store, or calling VZW customer service, to see if they have the proper one available for the Dare.

3. clairehuxtable

clairehuxtable New Member

No, you didn't read my words correctly. Besides, I found exactly what I wanted at the Apple store. It's a monster microphone that has an input for any type of headphone. I don't understand why it was so hard to find, but I guess there are many more people that need that for the iphone than the dare since so many more people own the iphone.

4. Mark_Venture

Mark_Venture New Member

Sorry, I read it as you want your Dare connected to the Stereo, but having a regular Stereo cable for audio only doesn't allow you to answer calls without unplugging the audio cable.

The cable I suggested will allow you to leave the stereo audio cable connected because of its built in Mic. Its a male to female cable that goes inline with your cable that currently connects to the Dare to your stereo.

The only limit is the position of the MIC is close to the phone.. then again, you have to walk over to the phone to answer the phone anyway....

I made that suggestion as I was unaware of any other solution.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?