1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

ringtone on vx8360

Discussion in 'LG' started by stevekasz, Jun 18, 2009.

1. stevekasz

stevekasz New Member

I created a ringtone (using tonebe.com). The ringtone is on my computer. How do I move it to my vx8360, ringtone library?

› See More: ringtone on vx8360
  2. jmruperto

jmruperto New Member

Steve:

I have the same phone. In my case with Verizon Wireless, when you use a cable (usb) and go through the 'Settings and Tools/Tools/USB Mass Storage' menu, only a limited number of folders will be readable from my computer, e.g. My Mysic, My Sounds, Photos. A Ringtones folder and Game folder are not available. I believe that the service provider dictates what can be accessed in this manner.

You can try this and may be your provider will allow access to the ringtone segment of the phone's system.

I purchased a program (DataPilot from Susteen) that allows me to access the ringtone segment (and do other things), but I have been successful in loading only midi format files through the Ringtone Creater utility in the program. Midi is a difficult format to deal with (for me anyway) and the volume is low for some reason.

Finally, I have yet to try getting a ringtone via the web from a wireless connection, you may be able to sent the ringtone to your phone using a web based utility. If you can figure that one out let me know.

3. jmruperto

jmruperto New Member

Steve:

This is a followup to my original post. You can transfer the ringtone file (MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA) to your phone via a cable or bluetooth (if your computer is enabled). Here's how:
    1 Place file in the 'My Sounds' folder.
    2. Navigate to this folder using your phone, highlight and select Options.
    3. Select Send option (text message to yourself)
    4. When you receive the text, select the option to store to Ring Tones.

I didn't figure this out on my own, it was on another forum, but it tool alot of digging to find.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?