1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Ringtone removal VX6000

Discussion in 'LG' started by repeters1, Jul 27, 2004.

1. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

I downloaded some ringtones to my VX6000 and after sending them to my phone via usb cable they don't work when I open them on the phone. When I try to delete them from "my media(#5)" they don't leave. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?
    Thanks,
    Pete

› See More: Ringtone removal VX6000
  2. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

Removed bad ringtones

I finally figured out how to rid my phone of the ringtones that didn't work. I just did a replace through BitPim and all my tones were gone except the ones that came with the phone. I then edited my tones to a smaller filesize with Anvil Studio, & then added them back to my phone. Everything worked out ok after that (except I am on my 5th phone now, but thats a different story).
    Hope this helps someone else.
    Pete

3. Cronos

Cronos New Member

Is Anvil Studio free software that I can use to trim my midi files?

Also will "replace" delete even the ringtones I want to keep on my phone?

4. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

Yes, Anvil is free. Go to this site to download.

http://www.anvilstudio.com/

And yes, replace does delete "all" ring tones so be sure to back the ones you want to keep with BitPim . Once you start BitPim and your phone is connected go up & click on the data button and click "get phone data". click a check mark in ringtones & upload all your ring tones (read the instructions on uploading in the help file first), edit the ones you want to keep and delete the ones you don't want. Once you are sure that you have the tones you want back on your phone, go back up & click on the data button and click "send phone data". put a check mark on the ringtone spot only and change from add to replace and this will replace all the tones on your phone with only the ones you want.
    (You can do this same thing with your wallpaper also).

NOTE: the ringtones that came with the phone will come back once you shut the phone off and turn it back on. I don't think you can delete them permanently.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out.
    Pete

5. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

Just thought I would post a link to the BitPim site.

They now have version 0.7.15 that was put on their site 8/4/2004 but is an unfinished version. I would probably use ver 0.7.14 until they finished their new version and tested it a little more.

ROCK ON! :rock:

http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?