1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Ringtones on the enV3?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by jdeg, Jun 10, 2009.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Does anyone know how to put ringtones on the enV3?

› See More: Ringtones on the enV3?
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I figured out how to do this:

You can also try sending a sound to YOUNUMBER@vzwpix.com. Save the file as a ringtone.

4 people like this.
  3. Lowfront

Lowfront New Member

thanks!

4. R_Zachs

R_Zachs New Member

its also works in the older version using the drivers off of verizon.
    just plug your cell in, it will automatically detect other CDMA. manually select EnV2 if your reading from EnV3.
    retrieve your ringtones, and select the same if you are sending to EnV3. others do not work, such as contacts and so on. only ringtones. it will restart your cellphone when you do this. but it will work.

for your contacts and calanders use outlook. use same driver from verizon. and get the LG Outlook.MSI software. it worked for me.

5. manutd07

manutd07 New Member

I just got the env3, so far im loving it, and im looking to get ringtones on it.
    I was just wondering if BitPim is reliable and safe to use and it wont cause any issues with the phone or my computer? like worms, viruses or trojans?

6. jeng1111

jeng1111 New Member

Thanks to tavenger5's directions, I was able to add a custom ringtone to my env3!

BitPim 1.0.7 complained (errored) when I tried to download SMS/Contact Info from my phone. But when I placed a new ringtone in Media > Ringtones and then pressed "Send to Phone" and checked the ringtone box, something happened, then my phone rebooted itself. When it came back up, there was my ringtone under "My Ringtones":smart:

Thanks!!

7. cajunlady911

cajunlady911 New Member

Thank you! Thanks so much, went from pda phone to the enV3, lost so much , but kept my ringtones thanks to yall! Love my phone now :)

8. textingNewB

textingNewB New Member

Phonezoo.com has a lot of ringtones, and you can even create your own. I created some from mp3's of mine & even created one from the theme for Psych. Even with Verizon, I haven't had any problems having the ringtones sent to my phone. Best of all it's free & you don't get any spam messages.

9. wxradar

wxradar New Member

It seems that there is a lot of confusuion concerning the LG enV3 and how to get ring tones to the phone. Yes, things are a little different, but here is how you do it. You do not need any subscription services or go to any commercial ringtone websites to do this.

(I have seen erroneous instructions about going to ring tone websites and other instructions with the wrong file formats all over the web. So here is a set of instructions that actually works.)

1. Create your ring tone in mp3 format, make sure the file size is less than 400 KB, and the ring tone should be less than 30 seconds long. Use a freeware audio editor like Audacity to reduce sample rates and to make the file as small as possible.
    2. From your computer, send an email to yourphonenumber ( at ) VZWPIX.COM and attach the mp3 file
    3. When the phone receives the email, the mp3 file will play. On the right soft button click OPTIONS, then click SAVE AS RING TONE, then click SET AS RING TONE.

That's it. You are done. Enjoy! :)

1 person likes this.
  10. textingNewB

textingNewB New Member

I've tried that approach, but my carrier is Verizon, and those emails arrive without the attachment. The only success Iv'e had is through phonezoo. It takes about 5 minutes to sign up & verify your phone, phone number & carrier, and it's totally free. You create the mp3 just as you describe, then you load it into the section called My Zoo, then have it sent to your phone. They get around the Verizon nickel & dime you for everything BS.

1 person likes this.
  11. wxradar

wxradar New Member

My carrier is Verizon. Obviously my approach worked for me.
    I suspect that if your emails arrive without attachments it may be that the attachments are too big? Are you sure you emailed to vzwpix.com ?

The basic email facility at Verizon is completely free. The process I described does not cost one penny. But I agree with you - it seems every time you turn the phone on, there is another service they want you to pay extra for.

I was unable to make phonezoo work for me, which is why I explored and found this approach that worked. Phonezoo kept throwing me into Dada Net or something like that and I did not find a way to send anything to my cell phone without subscribing to Dada Net (or whatever the name is, not sure I am recalling it correctly). In fact, inadvertently I wound up subscribing to it, and then had to text a STOP to unsubscribe.

1 person likes this.
  12. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

I dont have Vzw, and dont understand
    why people bother with them and all this ringtone drama:screwy:

13. textingNewB

textingNewB New Member

My wife had the same problem with dada & another similar "service". Maybe I just got lucky with Phonezoo. After reading this, I found out why it didn't work for me. I didn't sign up for it. After signing up, it worked for me perfectly.

14. Cece

Cece New Member

I found out yesterday that you can go on myxer.com
    it's free and you can even make your own ringtones.

15. NeoBox3

NeoBox3 Invisible LG Man

lol i know of a better site ;D
    Phonezoo.com

you can create ringtones, download them to send, or do a direct send :)
    it is an amazing site. i use alot

16. agentbad

agentbad New Member

When you plug in your phone to your pc can't you choose the option to sync media and drag the mp3 to the internal memory on the phone? That's how I transfer all my mp3's but I haven't tried to do it for a ring tone. That seems easier than using 3rd party programs.

17. jeng1111

jeng1111 New Member

Yes, I can easily transfer files to the phone memory. But I wanted to add my own custom ringtone.

18. agentbad

agentbad New Member

I got it too work with bitpim. I set the phone to data mode when I connected it to my pc and set bitpim newest beta so it would recognize the env3.

19. spio123

spio123 Banned

I could never get my phone to connect with my computer and I used Audacity to create 30 second ringtones from my music library. Then on my SD card I created the following folders:

My_Music, My_Pictures, and My_Sounds.

Put your ringtones in the My_Sounds folder and when you put your card in the phone, under My Sounds in your phone you can find your ringtones there and set them

siding long island
    Vitamin Supplement Manufacturers

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  20. acadianbob

acadianbob New Member

Here is another method. Load your MP3 to your computer. Use freeware to convert to a ringtone; download it to your computer. Put the phone scandisk into your computer and transfer the file. Put the scandisk into your phone. Access the file (should be in My Sounds) and option it to "ringtone". You are done.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?