1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Ringtones on the enV3?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by jdeg, Jun 10, 2009.

1. ArchDrag54

ArchDrag54 New Member

lots of info to take in here, heh

› See More: Ringtones on the enV3?
  2. slimcognito

slimcognito New Member

I was having a lot of trouble at first, but I finally got it.
    I used BitPim, just as was suggested. For the Env3, get the Beta version.
    Then, per tavenger5's suggestion, do this: " Make sure drivers are installed for the phone..." You'll have to find his/her(?) post at the beginning of this thread for the link. I'm unable to post links for the time being

Open BitPim. Plug in your phone, but don't do anything with your phone (at first I was trying to sync it, and that clogged up the port, I think, so it didn't work), just plug it in to your computer. If all's well, it should detect the phone automatically, but if not go to "Settings" then find your phone in the "Phone Type" tab. The port should be
    Next:
    1. Go to the sidebar and open Media, then select ringers.
    2.Then drag and drop an mp3 into the window (I got mine from the My Music folder), and it'll open up a new window.
    3. In this window, I didn't mess with anything, I just hit convert.
    4. This'll bring up Window's command prompt (that empty black window). Don't mess with anything until command prompt goes away.
    5. Use the slider bar at the bottom to select whatever part of the song you want and how long you want it to be. You can use the buttons below the slider to sample the clip. I found it to be easier to type in how many seconds, and then press the "set" button.
    6. Press "ok" when you're satisfied.
    7. In this window, select your ringtone, then hit the "Send Phone Data" button (the second one with the green arrow.)
    8. Check the ringtone box, then hit ok.
    9. You should notice that at the bottom of the BitPim window is a loading bar.
    10. Your phone should restart.
    11. Tada! Now you can set your new ringtone!

Sorry for the long-winded post, but hopefully this'll help someone.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  3. LGKEYBO9200

LGKEYBO9200 New Member

I Don't get that. how do you set it to BitPim and what Beta Version

4. alicia1234

alicia1234 New Member

Heres the ghetto way like I did it. Click on Media center. Then click on music and tones. Then click on my sounds. THen click on record new. Hold the phone up to the song and record it. then when youre done recording click set as ringtone. Then you are done!

5. Nubes8

Nubes8 New Member

If your still having trouble/issues getting ringtones on your phone and you don't have an SD card here is another variation to try out:

1. Install BitPim and the drivers for the enV3. (Found in post #2 I believe.)
    2. Plug in the enV3, if it tries to sync just hit ok on your phone and make the sync screen go way otherwise bitpim might not detect your phone.
    3. Open BitPim, when "Found Other CDMA phone on COM4" pops up just hit OK.
    4. On the left hand side select "Filesystem", then on the window to the right of that you will see a "+" symbol with a folder and "/" next to it.
    5. Click the "+" and it will retrieve the phone file system.
    6. Then open "+brew", then "+mod", then "+10889" and then select the "ringtones" folder but don't click the "+" symbol next to "ringtones".
    7. Just drag whatever .mp3 you want in here for a ringtone. keep in mind you only have like 95MB of space.
    8. When your done turn your phone off and then back on again and you should be able to select your new ringtone.

6. visinedrip

visinedrip New Member

Thanks! Emailing to myself worked great.

7. czoklet

czoklet New Member

[langtitle=pl]Re: Ringtones on the enV3?[/langtitle]

[lang=pl]vnnnn[/lang]

8. pdiss88

pdiss88 New Member

useful post, thank you

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?