1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Samsung Intensity II SCH-u460 driver for Windows 7 64-bit

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by dotarpa, Sep 6, 2010.

1. dotarpa

dotarpa New Member

Where do I find a driver for the Samsung Intensity II SCH-u460 for Windows 7 64bit? I tried to install the V Cast Media Manager software found here: (Entertainment and Apps from Verizon Wireless - Thank You for Downloading V CAST Media Manager) but I was quickly presented with a dialog box that reads "Presently V Cast Media Manager supports only 32bit OS. Hence aborting the installation". Obviously, from here the installation just aborts with no drivers or software installed for syncing my phone.

› See More: Samsung Intensity II SCH-u460 driver for Windows 7 64-bit

2. dotarpa

dotarpa New Member

I'm answering my own question cuz I found a workaround that may be useful to others like me who were totally ticked off that I couldn't find a driver for this phone on my OS.

Here is the workaround. I hope it helps. I don't have allot of time to test this procedure so if it doesn't work, please don't kill the messenger. Perhaps someone with more time can tweak the steps if this truly does turn out to be a viable workaround.

1). Download the V Cast Media Manager software found here: (Entertainment and Apps from Verizon Wireless - Thank You for Downloading V CAST Media Manager)

2). If you don't already have it installed, download and install 7zip from here: (7-Zip)

3). Right-mouse click on the V Cast Media Manager software downloaded in step 1 (mine is named VCASTMediaManager_Full_1652.exe)

4). Highlight "7-zip"->"Open Archive"

5). You will see a listing of folders embedded in the archive. The folder we are interested in is "Common". Double-click on the "Common" folder. Under the "Common" folder you will see two embedded directories: "Drivers" and "Install". Double-click on "Drivers". Under that directory, locate the "Samsung" and double-click on that. Under the "Samsung" directory you will find a directory named "Other". DON"T double-click on it. Instead, just click on it once to highlight it.

6). With the "Other" directory highlighted, proceed by clicking the "Extract" button on the 7-zip toolbar above. You will then be presented with a dialog window to select the directory on your computer where you want to extract the "Other" directory from the archive to.

In order to remind myself to delete the unnecessary files after installation, I typically extract these to my Desktop where I will have them continually reminding me that they are cluttering up my space and that I should delete them. Where you decide to extract the contents to is beyond the scope of this documentation. You will, however, need to know where you extracted the "Other" directory contents to in order to proceed with the driver installation.

Assuming you followed my example of extracting to the desktop, you will now have a folder on your desktop named "Other".

**From here there are two potentials paths to take. The steps immediately following this paragraph are the much easier path to take, however, I did not install my driver using this procedure. It was only after I installed the driver manually that I discovered the usb driver install program and upon testing it it seemed to run smoothly. However, I cannot guarantee that it will even work. It would certainly be worth trying. If the simple path doesn't work, proceed with step 7 and it should work as it did with mine.

6a). Double-click the folder named "Other" on your desktop. Sorry, if you don't know how to browse your file system you will need to get some help on this elsewhere.

6b). Locate the file named "setup.exe". Double-click on it to launch the installer program. If you are presented with any security alerts, etc, just allow it to run. Most likely you will be presented with some Windows Security messages saying that Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software. Click on the "Install this driver software anyway" button and allow it to continue. The last thing it should ask you to do is reboot. Reboot, plug in your phone, turn it on, and you should see your phone listed under Windows Explorer and Windows Media Player. If not, then this simple path is not the path for you. Proceed to step 7. If it did work, then skip the remainder of the steps.

7). This is the part where the instructions get a little murky since I need to do this by memory. Open Device Manager. There are different ways to accomplish this depending upon which operating system you are running. If you are running Windows 7 you can try opening a command prompt and typing "control.exe /name Microsoft.DeviceManager" followed by <enter>. Other operating systems I am not sure. You'll find it under Control Panel or by using the Windows help.

With the phone disconnected from the computer, take note of any devices that appear to be in conflict under Device Manager. You will want to compare this to the list of items in conflict AFTER you connect the phone in order to determine which of the items showing a conflict are actually the phone.you just connected.

8). With the phone turned off, plug it into the pc via USB cable. Windows 7 should recognize that you plugged the device in but will not install a suitable driver. Under Device Manager you should be able to find a "new" conflicted device. Sorry, I can't remember what it was called :(

Once you locate that "new" conflicted device, right-mouse click on the device and choose "Update Driver Software". The next dialog window will ask how you would like to search for your driver software. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software". The next screen will ask you to browse for the driver software on your computer. Assuming you went with the Desktop extraction mentioned in previous steps, simply click the "Browse" button and select the "Other" directory listed at the bottom of the list of folders. Click "Ok". The "Search for driver software in this location" dialog box should now show something similar to this: C:\Users\Default.Toshiba\Desktop\Other. Make sure the "Include Subfolders" checkbox is checked and proceed by clicking the "Next" button. Windows should find the driver and indicate that it was successfully installed.

9). You're not done yet. If you return to Device Manager you should now see some additional conflicted devices. For each "new" conflicted device, follow the exact same procedure in step 8 (minus the plugging in of the phone since you've already got it connected). I think I had to do this to a total of 3 or 4 conflicted devices until there were no longer any new conflicted devices showing up.

10). Lastly, turn the phone on while it is plugged in and it should show up as a new device under Windows Explorer. From there just use Windows Media Player to sync your music.

11). I would recommend deleting the "VCASTMediaManager_Full_1652.exe" file and "Other" directory from your Desktop (or wherever you may have download/extracted these files to) since they will no longer be needed.
    1 person likes this.
  3. shroomy115

shroomy115 New Member

I just was able to install the VCast software on windows 7 64 bit, so it looks like they updated the software. The drivers for the intensity ii were installed.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?