1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Sell your Verizon unlimited data plan & keep your number

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by jdeg, Jul 12, 2014.

1. chrischris

chrischris New Member

Are there any issues with transferring a number from my unlimited acount to a new verizon account?

› See More: Sell your Verizon unlimited data plan & keep your number
  2. Tom

Tom Member

No no problems at all

3. Catena

Catena New Member

Can anyone tell me when you sold and transferred the line to someone else. Is your personal information taken off the plan?

4. Tom

Tom Member

Yes it is taken off the plan

5. Kinetikx

Kinetikx New Member

I'm having trouble porting my number to Tmobile. I called them and ported my old Verizon number over while I had the Verizon new number request page open. As soon as I hung up with T-Mobile I submitted the request. Not even a minute transpired but for some reason the number port failed. I just got done reinstating my old Verizon number back and I'm about to start the process again.

Any idea why the port failed the first time? I mean I had to choose the area code/exchange before hitting submit. Did that tiny amount of time cause the problem?

6. Kinetikx

Kinetikx New Member

I think this thread should be updated. You can no longer do a transfer to another person unless they first have a business account with Verizon. The AOL to normal customers ceased in November of 2014. Luckily the person I'm transferring to has a business and can create one of the proper accounts, otherwise I would have been screwed. It would be nice if the OP would update so future users don't have problems.

7. Hanes Worthy

Hanes Worthy New Member

This proved true for me. I received an email from GV immediately after initiating the port, waited about 20 hours, then submitted the number change on VZ. Port completed successfully at precisely 24 after initiated.

8. Natalie

Natalie New Member

Hello. I am not very tech savvy, and needed some help understanding this. I am looking for unlimited data, because where I live, the best I can get is dialup, but there is a Verizon tower two streets over.

So all I need is to create a verizon account and get verified, and buy over someone's plan? Someone please explain this to me, as I am confused. Thank you so much guys! XO

9. Andrea

Andrea New Member

Hi Natalie,
    I just moved to New Zealand from Washington state and have an unlimited, grandfathered in Verizon data account I would like to sell. Did you find one yet? Would you want my Washington state number, or one that matches where you live? All I know about how to port and transfer and what not is what I have read on this forum but maybe together we can figure it out :) Let me know if you want to try. Thanks,
    Andrea

10. Andrea

Andrea New Member

Just offered my grandfathered unlimited plan to Natalie, but if she already found one it is available to anyone looking. Not sure what price is fair, the top post says some are selling for $600, so maybe $400? It has a little under a year left in contract, can check exactly when contract is over. Any interest? :)

11. Natalie

Natalie New Member

Yes Andrea I am interested! Please email nsorrenti84 at yahoo dot com :)

12. Andrea

Andrea New Member

Hi Natalie,
    Tried to email. Did you get it? You can also try to email me at andreahavron at yahoo dot com :)

13. sternocleidomastoidatx

sternocleidomastoidatx New Member

Hi All,
    I have a family plan with 4 UDPs that I would like to sell as a whole. I want to keep my numbers so the process will take a few days. Any suggestions on how to handle this, would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you're interested please let me know.

14. logicalalgae

logicalalgae New Member

I'm interested in one or two UDP, what are you asking for all 4 (or 1 or 2 if you'll split them out)?
    Joshua

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Raydar577 likes this.
  15. mattstermh

mattstermh New Member

We have a business family plan with 1 UDP line - willing to sell it to first person to ask.

16. grandfatherd

grandfatherd New Member

Does anyone have success porting over a number from AT&T and keeping your unlimited data plan with a different number? Google Voice is a first choice, but it can also be moved to T-Mobile, or anywhere else for that matter.

17. MaxxVE

MaxxVE New Member

Thanks for the post! I've got a couple lines I'm looking to sell with the infamous $9.99 unlimited data package. I'll post in the For Sale section soon and use these instructions as a guide.

18. Chocu1a

Chocu1a New Member

I am switching to Cricket & going to port my number over. Cricket shows the number successfully ported to cricket, but will not be official until I activate my sim with Cricket. Can I now change my Verizon number? Even though the port has not been made active?

19. gowings23

gowings23 New Member

I'm interested in knowing if this process still works for porting out a number and still being able to keep the UDP line on VZW.

sunshinebetty likes this.
  20. JAttlilaH

JAttlilaH New Member

Hey, just to add a data-point, this went off without a hitch for me to move my number to Google Voice without closing my account or losing my UDP. I just did it six days ago.

Here are the steps I used:
    1. Log into Google Voice
    2. In a different window, log into Cell Phones, Smartphones & the Largest 4G LTE Network - Verizon Wireless
    3. In the VZW window, go to the page for changing your cell number, but don't submit it.
    4. In the Google Voice go to the page for porting your number.
    5. Go through the process to port your number on Google Voice. Note, when you put your Verizon account number in, leave out the dash, but put all of the other numbers.
    6. As soon as you've submitted the port request on Google Voice, go back to the Verizon window and submit your new number request.

The Verizon window said to restart my phone, wait a moment, then restart it again. I did that, and my phone was indeed using the new phone number.

The text on the Google page says that it will be ported within 24 hours. I was skeptical, since I did it on a Friday evening. It was indeed done within 24 hours, though.

What I did not do is wait for an email from Google before proceeding with changing my phone number on the Verizon page. Of the two things I could have lost, my UDP was probably more important. If you change your number and the port fails, then you've only lost your number. If you wait too long to do the number change after the port request, you lose your UDP.

Good luck, and stay thirsty, my friends!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?