1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Sell your Verizon unlimited data plan & keep your number

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by jdeg, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Kfp

Kfp New Member

Anyone able to successfully AOL their UDP line after 11/15?

› See More: Sell your Verizon unlimited data plan & keep your number
  2. eromrab

eromrab New Member

I heard the AOL only works on business accounts now? Can anyone confirm / deny?

3. qijun98073

qijun98073 New Member

Thanks for the detailed info. This is very helpful!

4. vacaloca

vacaloca New Member

I ported out to RingPlus today, and unfortunately as others mentioned, (and I didn't see the posts in time) by the time that the port was done successfully, it was too late to request a number change on VZW's website.

I attempted to call and speak to VZW CSR's, and after a while of getting disconnected and finally getting someone that seemed to be able to help, they said they couldn't place the unlimited data feature on the new number and mentioned I'd need to port back, request that unlimited data feature put on, wait some days and get them to swap line features and finally port back out. (seems like a variation of what another poster mentioned earlier in the thread, now that I looked back on it)

Needless to say I didn't want to bother with all that, and the possible activation fees the CSR didn't think they'd be able to waive.

So lesson learned, beware of porting out with an unlimited data plan, especially if the port occurs quickly, because you'll have to either do a convoluted process or give up on it altogether...

Better do the Google Voice port as others had suggested earlier and IMMEDIATELY request a number change.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  5. MissF

MissF New Member

I would also like to know if this info is still current. I currently have an unlimited plan that I am ready to sell and your instructions are great, but would like to know if this still works.

6. ryanvzw

ryanvzw New Member

Its $15 if you do a number change then add a new line on request for the phone number back. They have what is called a phone number reservation department which can get your phone number back. And if someone wants UDP make sure its on a nationwide 450 minute plan when transferring and don't mention to the reps that it has unlimited data just say keep the same plan. I offer AOL support when transferring lines feel free to conference me in and ill get a rep to transfer the line for you no problem at all to consumer or business account no problem. 860-391-7365

7. sammie616

sammie616 New Member

I know this is an old post but I am having a hard time figuring out how to start a new one :(

Selling my unlimited plan if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

8. ryanvzw

ryanvzw New Member

what are you looking to do feel free to give me a call 6193540203 - here are some of the services we offer www.vzwendless.com

9. sammie616

sammie616 New Member

I would like to sell my udp but keep my number

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10. ryanvzw

ryanvzw New Member

No there isn't someone takes over the liability

11. ryanvzw

ryanvzw New Member

what are you looking to do feel free to give me a call 6193540203 - here are some of the services i offer through work www.vzwendless.com

12. ryanvzw

ryanvzw New Member

You can still transfer just say your transferring plan keeping current plan they have to offer new plans but you have option to keep current pricing make sure it's a individual line thou when transferring can't have more then one share plan on one sub level. For example you can have nationwide 700 share and individual 450 min plan or loyalty plan with it then aol will go smoothly. Feel free to contact me for help 619-354-0203

13. ryanvzw

ryanvzw New Member

Create another line on nationwide 450 min plan with Verizon.
    Request to change your number from Verizon online then call 611 from your phone ask for phone number reservation department they won't know 100% what your talking about.
    Explain you changed your number by accident and want to get it back. They will put you on hold and reserve that phone number for you. Gonna costs $15 fee to get done but you can always try to call back when bill comes to get fee back. When they go to put the number back have them put it on the new phone line you just opened. Make sure the new line you opened has a device on it and when your doing number changes phones get restarted. After about 5 mins from being on the phone you will get that number back and on your second line. Then you can sell or give away the unlimited line. If your looking to make the new line unlimited after selling the first one feel free to give me a call. 619-354-0203 there's some other steps I can help walk you thRough just remember any lines with number change cannot be moved from your account for 30 days or device changes or SIM card change will reset the 30 day cycle that stops you from being able to transfer a line of service.

14. sammie616

sammie616 New Member

Can I do a port to Google Voice?

Do you have any unlimited for data only no voice? I have a mifi at home I would like to do unlimited on that possibly.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?