1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

setting up vmail message, can I tell people to hit # to leave a message?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by peteryogi, Jul 13, 2012.

1. peteryogi

peteryogi New Member

When recording my voicemail message on Verizon cellular, if i tell users to hit # to leave a message, will the call go straight to a beep where users can leave a message?
    Because I use my cell for biz, I don't want all my friends to be required to listen to the entire recording before they can leave me a message. anyone know the answer?

› See More: setting up vmail message, can I tell people to hit # to leave a message?
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. efparri

efparri New Member

If you record your own greeting, you can say what you want. The "#" key in some voicemail systems bypasses the greeting to allow you to enter your passcode to retrieve your own email if you call from another phone. Other systems may use "*" for the same purpose. Try it out with the standard greeting to see what works before you record your own greeting.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?