1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Shocking the Kids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MicroMomma, Mar 10, 2014.

1. MicroMomma

MicroMomma New Member

My kids about lost their minds when they found that that I didn't have a cell phone when I was a kid. I got my first cell phone when I was 22. They can't imagine people functioning without them.

› See More: Shocking the Kids
  2. Kitten

Kitten New Member

My niece and nephew did the same thing. It was even more shocking when we showed them the computers we used in school. They couldn't wrap their minds around the various shades of green on the screen being the only colors other than black and white.

3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Cell phones were much larger and more expensive back then. Not to mention phones are just as powerful, if not more powerful as computers were then. Before the best thing you could do on an old Nokia was play Snake :)

4. Heimer

Heimer New Member

Life was so peaceful without cellphones in those days. Today I get calls when I sleep, when I am driving, and even when up in the mountains. There is no respite form a cellphone call!

5. Flappy

Flappy New Member

I was one of the early recipients of a cellphone in the nineties. The first phone was as heavy as a brick and I felt uncomfortable carrying it around. But it was a novelty and people used to ask to see it out of curiosity.

6. Jerome

Jerome New Member

I got my cellphone when I was 30. It was an Ericsson and I was quite smitten by it. I had to call up land line numbers since most people did not have cellphones and only had land lines.

7. Hannah

Hannah New Member

I grew up without a cell phone and didn't even own one in my early working years; it kills me now how these little 10 and 11 year-old kids will beg for a phone and have the nerve to say they "need" them! My nieces and nephews are driving all of my siblings crazy with this right now. We got by without them at 10 years old; y'all can too!!

8. Bing

Bing New Member

I remember my dad having a car phone wired into his car back in the 80s. And that was a really big deal back then! Now I'm sitting here watching my six-year-old shopping for learning apps on the Google Play store site.

9. Mkostera

Mkostera New Member

I remember my sister having a pager. I didn't get my first phone until late teens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?