1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Signal Booster (HELP!)

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by seshepherd, Mar 31, 2010.

1. seshepherd

seshepherd New Member

I only have 1-2 bars in my house at any given time and that is thready. Often I drop calls. I have been considering an in-home signal booster that would work with a Verizon HTC Droid Eris. I know that Verizon has its own "booster" that works off of a high-speed internet connection. Has anyone used these? How well do they work?

Also, does anyone know about the frequency on the Verizon network or with the Eris? I think mine may be 1900 MHz for this area, which poses a problem. Most of the boosters I have looked at are only for 800 - 900 MHz phones. If anyone could point me toward some answers or resources in this regard, I would really appreciate it.

Finally, which booster manufacturer has the best signal for the best price? I need help! :sad:

› See More: Signal Booster (HELP!)
  2. linnieu

linnieu New Member

Go to this website to verify your frequency:Wirelessadvisor.com

1 person likes this.
  3. lcont01

lcont01 New Member

I have the same problem, and have been thinking about getting one of the signal boosters from verizon but I dont know if it will work with my internet.

1 person likes this.
  4. 4g.eek

4g.eek New Member

Same problem here too... Very bad reception, dropped calls and most of all the slowest 4G ever. It's frustrating. I tried signal booster apps, I called Verizon a few times, nothing made it.
    So I started looking for a 4G booster and I found this one.
    Cellphone Mate CM700 Signal Booster for Verizon
    It is kinda expensive for me so I would like to have some opinions about it before I buy it.
    Does anyone use it here? Does your signal rally get better?
    Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  5. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

Try upgrading the firmware on the phone, This adds the latest technology and towers to the phone

6. xX_Cyberion_Xx

xX_Cyberion_Xx New Member

There are cellular boosters for around $125-$500 depending on the system you want.
    I had 1 bar at home, I have full bars after installation.

Not sure on 4G though.

google "Cellular repeaters"

7. thetimerider

thetimerider New Member

In my home i have 0-1 bars, I have been using a Wilson sleek booster. This is actually a car booster, but it adapted easily to an electrical socket in my home and i have full bars all the time. The biggest set back is the phone needs to be in a cradle to work and it has a small 4 inch magnetic antenna that i attached to a fan in the window, but with a blue tooth head set i can move around about 30 feet from the phone. Not the best solution but i used the phone mostly tethered to my laptop for internet. (79.99 at best buy) Now i have gotten rid of my land line and found a used z boost on craigs list, no where near the signal that i get with the (wilson sleek) but i expect it to be better with an antenna upgrade.

8. 4g.eek

4g.eek New Member

Yes, I heard Wilson products work really well.
    They only offer a 4G booster with T-Mobile for now, though.
    I read this article about them joining forces with Verizon, so that should lead to 4G boosters, I guess.
    I will probably wait a little longer before I buy one of these 4G boosters and see what manufacturers are working on.

9. signalpro

signalpro New Member

If you are looking for high quality signal boosters at affordable prices, check out www.signalpro.ca

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?