1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Slow 3G - Verizon's Achilles' heel?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by dror, Oct 10, 2011.

1. dror

dror New Member

I vowed not to stay on AT&T, and there's just one thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger on an iPhone.

It seems everyone agrees - Verizon's 3G network is reliable but is among the slowest in the country. (See PCmag's survey) The 4S of course has speed upgrades for AT&T's already-speedy 3G (about the only good thing at AT&T), and nothing for Verizon.

What's your experience with Verizon's 3G, surfing and tethering? Isn't it a bit frustrating?

(PS Sure I could get an Android w/ LTE, but the 4S naturally has many strengths, among them good world compatibility. Verizon currently offers zero phones with both LTE & UMTS.)

› See More: Slow 3G - Verizon's Achilles' heel?
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

This is my experience when testing against Verizon 4g:

It greatly depends on how strong the signal is.

Honestly, if I had to choose between an iPhone 4s and a Droid Bionic, I would get the Bionic. See my review of the Bionic here: Motorola Droid Bionic Review - Cell Phone Forums

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?