1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Smart Phone Dependency

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FirstTimeHTC, Mar 10, 2014.

1. FirstTimeHTC

FirstTimeHTC New Member

Hubby and I took the kids out for dinner the other night and I couldn't believe the amount of people sitting there ignoring their families in favor of their phones. That night, we made it a rule that when we go out for family time, the phones stay in the car.

› See More: Smart Phone Dependency
  2. GetAway

GetAway New Member

I've noticed that too. We went out for dinner not long ago and there was a family of four sitting at a table and all of them were on their phones, or at least some sort of electronic device. Now, this might seem normal, but it was two parents with their kids. The kids couldn't have been older than 7 and 5 and they were both on phones, or small tablets.

3. Heimer

Heimer New Member

You can't blame people who look at their cellphones all the time even to the extent of ignoring their families. They may be getting important text messages that they cannot afford to miss. I carry my Blackberry all the time and get messages and emails from my office colleagues. If I don't read them I might miss an important update.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Member

The only thing I do when going out to eat, is post where we're eating to Facebook. But that's all.

Sent from Tapa

5. Flappy

Flappy New Member

It is not uncommon to find kids also playing on cellphones with so many games that you can find on Android, many for free. In the meantime their parents are busy chatting on their phones!

6. Hannah

Hannah New Member

You've gotta have time off from work. I think it's ridiculous that someone could be such a workaholic that they couldn't even get through an hour-long dinner without checking their cell phone! You gotta clock out at some point!!

7. Baylyn

Baylyn New Member

I agree that you have to be able to clock out at some point, but maybe that person is on call when you see them on their cell phone at the table. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with work and it's updates on a sick or dying relative. It's not always that the person is "checking out" of the table and family members. Don't judge until you know.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?