1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to SMS BitPim Exception FIX

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by birdguy888, Mar 16, 2010.

1. birdguy888

birdguy888 New Member

As long as you have an email account you can sent tests and pics to your email address. Instead of sending a text to a cell #, put in your email address instead. If you don't have an email address, go to a friends or a family members house and set up a free one on yahoo.com, hotmail.com or gmail.com and that way you will always have a copy of important texts and pics.

› See More: SMS BitPim Exception FIX
  2. senorgringolin

senorgringolin New Member

I had the same problem - being able to move over the "ON" option but it would not remain when I returned to the SMS menu. The post by anyoneeb (below) did it though.

I found a link to download a Windows version of Bitpim that had been modified for the ENV3. All my SMS files then downloaded to Bitpim without any error messages, but some of the text in the messages became garbled characters. The subject line still retained the message text. Strange.

Thank you for posting that info!

3. WY3R5

WY3R5 New Member

How do you get to the Lg Service menu? What is it?

4. WY3R5

WY3R5 New Member

I tried doing everything you said but I cannot enable sms access. Please help?

5. MusicMan201

MusicMan201 New Member

anyoneeb, I made an account just to thank you. I can't tell you how much this helps, I've been going at it for hours and I'm not very good with all the text stuff that came up in the error. Thanks so much for fixing :D

6. SuperSewist

SuperSewist New Member

1. I too cannot get SMS Access to accept the ON position. I actually talked to LG about this setting, and the tech told me that a) they will not support using the service menu and b) the env3 was not designed for SMS access. I was promised a call back from the supervisor, but I am not surprised that it hasn't happened (yet). The tech was Very Upset that I kept him on the phone too long.

2. Turns out SMS Access setting not important - anyoneeb's version of BitPim for the env3 is the way to go to back up SMS to PC. works a treat w/o the SMS Access issue to worry about.

3. THANKS anyoneeb!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  7. Appreciator

Appreciator New Member

Re: BitPim patch to fix SMS Exception

Dude! I registered and logged in specifically to thank you for your great help and post. With ****ed up companies like LG, who apparently doesn't give a **** about costumer support for their products, people like you are the only hope.

It worked for my Env2. Thanks a lot for your help!

8. mimimi

mimimi New Member

Like the person who posted before me, I also registered and logged into this site to thank you for the patched Bitpim! I searched for hours to find software for my Env3, and when I installed Bitpim, it looked as if would work, until I got the exception error. Sigh...I figured I'd search one more time to see if there were any solutions. I'm really glad that I did!

9. melamelamela

melamelamela New Member

This whole thread taught me a lot. I would have never have even known that the LG had a secret service menu. Thanks again for the patched bitpim and link to it. Works amazing!

10. bowser555

bowser555 New Member

Is that BitPim patch still available? I tried the anyoneeb link, and it does not work. Tried lgservice menu, and like many others, I cannot switch sms access to "on."

11. gwjmd

gwjmd New Member

Me too! Thank you!

12. SirGalihad

SirGalihad New Member

I have some very important SMS I need to get off my LG env3. Since the link is dead would anyone be willing to put the file somewhere online or email it to me. bft_aof at sbcglobal dot net can't seem to find contact info for the original poster of the file either.

13. Anthony Williams

Anthony Williams New Member

14. Anthony Williams

Anthony Williams New Member

15. anyoneeb

anyoneeb New Member

16. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the update! I changed the link on the first page.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?