1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Still no VX9900 in the Verizon stores

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by Red Squirrel, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel New Member

Today's the official release date for the LG VX9900, and I even see it on Verizon's web site (as the enV). I wanted to check it out in the store today. First Verizon store I went to (a real store) had heard of it but said it wasn't released. I said yes it was, today's the official release date. He seemed surprised and just shrugged. I went onto the next store, a big one complete with tech support area. The guy there denied that any such phone even existed.

Verizon sucks!! What are they going to do, wait until AFTER the Christmas season to official release what should be a hot-selling phone? What are they, morons, or do they just like annoying people?

Its one more agonizing year, but I think I should let my contract run out with my existing phones then tell Verizon to take a hike. Yeah, I know the other networks around here are inferior, but I just can't take this anymore!

› See More: Still no VX9900 in the Verizon stores
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I have a feeling that they're having problems with it. From what I gather it was thrown together too quickly. See the review on it in the review forum.

3. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel New Member

Uh oh... well, thanks for the info! The VX 8600 looks kinda nice, wonder if I should consider that one instead.

4. KIMMISTONEGIRL

KIMMISTONEGIRL New Member

I Went To A Verizon Store This Morning And Was Told Tomorrow Was The Release Date But Then I Called The Verizon In My Local Circuit City And They Had It Out For Sale So I Purchased It For My Daughter. So Far Only A Few Hours Of Use And Play Time But She Loves It. I On The Other Hand Have Owned My 8600 Since The Day It Came Out And Love Love Love It!!!!

5. isellbaskets

isellbaskets New Member

I went to a Esco store and they had it out before the release date..

6. paulcman

paulcman New Member

The date was pushed back 1 day because of the 2 RAZRs for $49.99 promotion the stores were running for the holiday weekend. It will be released today, officially.

7. y2kgtp

y2kgtp New Member

I might check this one out, but have not read good reviews......:(

(not really edited... I hit the wrong button -paulcman)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2006
  8. paulcman

paulcman New Member

There aren't any real consumer reviews yet... because the phone just came out in stores. I really tend not to trust "corporate" reviews. I feel like they are not as unbiased as they should be. Give it a couple of weeks, and check the phone out yourself.

9. SendNikesto206

SendNikesto206 New Member

hmm. i went into Verizon on the 27th and they tried to get me to buy this phone. probably those certain stores havn't had the phones shipped to them yet.

10. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel New Member

I managed to find them in a store in NH (still not in MA). Unfortunately, it looks ugly and I don't like the way it opens up (won't sit flat). I was fine with how the 9800 looked. I won't be getting one.

11. CoolNate32

CoolNate32 New Member

At my local circuit city they just have the vx9800, no 9900 on display.

12. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Many districts are not allowed to display the 9900 until their stock of 9800s is depleted. Be patient, they are going fast!

13. a416rigby

a416rigby New Member

Sorry to hear that your area had none. I bought mine on 11/28 in Rochester, NY and they were all over the place. Also in stock in Buffalo.
    I love the phone!!

14. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel New Member

They've been in NH for a while, but still not in MA. Its rather scummy of them to on purposely pretend it doesn't exist when I'm sure they must know it exists but they just want to sell off the 9800's.

But anyway, I bought a VX8300 so it doesn't matter much to me any more except as a curiosity.

15. fushionsteve

fushionsteve New Member

I have one already. Have had it since last Sunday(December 3rd) and am thoroughly enjoying mine.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?