1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

sync vx6000 w/outlook

Discussion in 'LG' started by deanuu, Jul 28, 2004.

1. deanuu

deanuu New Member

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered...

Does anyone know of software that will sync MS Outlook contacts and calendar with the LG VX6000. I was able to do this with free software for my old phone (Sony Ericsson t68i), but I have not found anything available for the vx6000. I can't believe this type of thing is not widely available.

I have found some products that will sync the contacts, but they seem clumsy. You have to export from outlook and then import to the other phone book. And.... they don't do the calendar.

The t68i has some great software available for free that integrates with Outlook... you hit one button and it syncs Contacts and the calendar over an IR port. The software is called XTND Connect PC. Too bad they only support Sony Ericsson.

› See More: sync vx6000 w/outlook
  2. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

Did you try BitPim? It's free & I know it imports from OE but I never tried the calander.
    Hope this helps.

3. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

Sorry, it imports Outlook, not Outlook Express.

4. deanuu

deanuu New Member

Thanks Peter. BitPim looks pretty good. I'm still playing with it...but I think it's going to work for me.

Thanks again!

-Dean

5. manu40

manu40 New Member

i have the vx6000 w/the usb data cable but i cant use bitpim....help??????

6. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

So you have the usb cable and the phone. Do you have any software to set the phone & cable up with? If not, and if you have the "straight" usb cable that is NOT the future dial one you can get the drivers right on the lg vx 6000 product page at us.lge.com:

http://us.lge.com/Product/proddetai...categoryId=0401

Again these drivers are only if you have the generic straight-through usb cable with no bumps.

Let me know if this helps

7. manu40

manu40 New Member

ugh mine is the future dial one.....nething i can do? ahhh this is driving me nuts

8. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

9. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

10. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

11. manu40

manu40 New Member

ight i d/l the usb drivers from the futuredial website but something is ****in up.im gonna try n work it out but ill def get back toyou....thanks a bunch

12. radzer0

radzer0 New Member

repeaters.. u wouldnt happen to have a link without the ... in the url for that download would u?.. i really need it

13. xoverking83

xoverking83 New Member

yea, i really need it, too. the link doesn't work. if sum1 culd attach the driver i think it wuld help a lot of people out.

14. repeters1

repeters1 New Member

I have a driver I downloaded from www.driverguide.com. It's the usb driver for the Futuredial cable. If you send me an e-mail I will forward it to whom ever wants to try it. I myself have "not" tried it. but. it got excellent marks at the download site listed below. If you want to check it out go to the site below. Just eliminate the Quotes" " and there are no spaces between the "search?" and the "q=".

"http://64.233.161.104/search? q=cache:tk4GvGpLcucJ:list.driverguide.com/list/company1661/+futuredial+cable+usb+drivers&hl=en"

Hope this helps,
    Pete

15. xoverking83

xoverking83 New Member

thanks, it helped a lot!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?