1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Texting, or calling on the internet between a smart and regular phone.

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by intkilla, Apr 14, 2012.

1. intkilla

intkilla New Member

Hey! The situation is the following: I have a Samsung galaxy ace (GT S5830) android based phone, my friend has a pretty new samsung phone but it's not a smartphone. I live in Hungary, she lives in the US. Is there a way to call or text her without my number showing up on her bill (her parents can't know about it), and I mean the phone bill in the end of the month, not on her the phone. We both have internet connection on our phones. if needed, I can ask her for the type of her phone. Thanks in advance!

› See More: Texting, or calling on the internet between a smart and regular phone.

2. kkutie12

kkutie12 New Member

Didn't you post this in another forum?
  3. jlom52

jlom52 Guest

why my lg voyager receive text messsges from evry contact exept fron one contact?
  4. efparri

efparri New Member

You could use a prepaid international calling card which works from Hungary. You call a local Hungarian number and the system will dial the number you enter after the prompts. Make sure that you follow the instructions carefully and do not press the call button after you connect to the service provider. If you do, you will be making a call using the service provider as well as a direct call from your phone to whatever digits you entered after connecting to the service provider.

It does not matter what type of phone your friend has. You just have to enter her complete number including International Access Code for Hungary (00), country code (1) and the ten digit telephone number of the telephone you are calling.

You could send email message to either her SMS or MMS address. The email from address should be an account which has no link to your actual name and location. See this link for the appropriate email addresses:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways
    You can send longer messages to the MMS gateway.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?