1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

texting question?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Gen8910, May 15, 2006.

1. Gen8910

Gen8910 New Member

is it free between other verizon customers?

and is there anyway to check how much money you already spent on it

› See More: texting question?
  2. bmanley

bmanley New Member

Have you signed up for the website they have? It will tell you.

3. Gen8910

Gen8910 New Member

what website? and even if i didnt do verizon customers get unlimited free texting with each other, just like the "in" thing

4. Lighting Guy

Lighting Guy New Member

I'm almost positive you don't get free texting to other Verizon people. If you pay like another $5-$10 though you get a ton of text messages. I think they even offer unlimited for like $10 more a month sometimes. Depending on how much you really text, it may just be worth it to stick with paying the 10c per text.

And if you go to verizonwireless.com and sign in to My Account, they will tell you how many text messages you have sent/received.

5. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Ok...if you don't have a txt/pix package, It costs 10 cents to send a message, and 10 cents to receive each message.

This can add up very quickly. The best thing to do would be get one of the packages that Verizon offers. They are as follows:

$10 a month: Unlimited between any Verizon Customer and an additional 500 to anybody else that not a Verizon Customer.

$15 a month: same as above but you get 1000 additional to anybody else.

$20 a month: same as the other two but you get 2500 additional.

I have the lowest priced one. I hardly every send out over 500 to anybody outside Verizon, but average around 2600 text to Verizon Customers per month, and it's only an addtional $10.

So, you could do the math and figure out if you would benefit from gettting a package at $10 or whatever, or do you think you will stay under that amount in a months time.

Lets say you send 10 a week, and get 10 a week. That would be $2, now take that times 4 and your only going to spend $8 a month, and it wouldn't be worth it.

But, lets say you text that many times in one day. That would be $2 a day time 30 or $60.

Do as Lighting said, and sign up for a My Account on Verizon's site. That way you can keep track of all the going's on with your account, including how many minutes you've used, how many text you've sent, recieved, non Verizon text, etc.

6. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

:eek:!!!

in short... unless you have purchased an additional text plan then yes, texts to other verizon customers cost $$

7. Horsey_girl97

Horsey_girl97 New Member

it should be free

8. streetuner

streetuner New Member

I work for Verizon Wireless, the above packages are correct, but be sure if you get one to keep in mind that if you change to a package, you should have it future dated to your bill cycle start date to avoid proration (can really screw a bill up) unless you have already gone over your current package, then backdate. If you have a package such as the unlimited in network and 500 to anyone else, and you have gone over your 500, then any additional txt wil be billed at .10 to send and .10 to receive. Best date to get a text pkg is on the 1st day of your bill cycle, you will only get one day of proration, and full use of your package.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?