1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

The 4G Train Wreck

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by AuctionAddict, Apr 19, 2012.

1. AuctionAddict

AuctionAddict New Member

I am very surprised I don't see a string about the failure of 4G on this forum. If I missed it I appologize. All the carriers are backing down, and rethinking the technology while Verizon plows ahead daily with millions of dollars in commercials for something they admit does not currently work. For a new business, I am trying to do live video broadcasts on 4G and the instability causes near constant disconnects 90% of the time, and of course there are plenty of slow downs. But the instability is the killer. On the positive side, most Verizon employees are honest about how bad things are I have found. Question is, how long and what will it take to overcome the stability problems? They don't seem to know. And what is it about 4G that makes it so unstable currently?

› See More: The 4G Train Wreck
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes it all depends on where you live, what phone you have (and how it connects to 4g), and what wall you're behind. In my experience, some 4g phones connect and switch between 3g better than others. Verizon is constantly working on the network to improve it, just check out their news page: http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/index.html

I give it another year to get some more technical things worked out and the network to become larger. It's already come a long way from when I first looked at a prototype droid bionic back in Jan 2011.
  3. AuctionAddict

AuctionAddict New Member

I am still amazed there is not more discussion about the 4G fiasco here. I have seen a few instances of stability for as much as an hour lately, but it is incredibly unstable yet, most of the time a few minutes of connection is enough to get you excited. I notice everyone is pulling back on 4g while they figure it out. But for us that need it for work this is a nightmare.
  4. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

What is your download speed, upload speed, and latency?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?