1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

They Won't Transfer Number To New Account

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Davey4000, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Davey4000

Davey4000 New Member

I have an account that I want to terminate and transfer the existing phone number to a new account just opened by my company. I went to the local Verizon store and they said this was not possible because my existing phone number was associated with a “normal voice/data” plan and the new account is a “PDA Plan”. The new device is a Treo 700W. Does this sound right? Both accounts are Verizon.

› See More: They Won't Transfer Number To New Account
  2. spum

spum Random News Bot

They should be able to bring the phone number over. I would assume they could just do a transfer of ownership on the contract/phone number and change the plan. It's possible that YOU couldn't do it. When a transfer of ownership takes place, both parties need to be available...one person to let the phone number go and the other person to take ownership of the number. They may have needed to have the company rep there to sign it over. But...the reason that they gave you doesn't make sense.
  3. Davey4000

Davey4000 New Member

Thanks Spum. I'll get the person in our IT department that set up the new account to go with me next time. I sure hate to change a business number I've used for the last 6 years.
  4. spum

spum Random News Bot

You should also be able to do all of this stuff over the phone if it would make it easier. That way you wouldn't need to drag anybody out of the office with you.
  5. Droidluvr

Droidluvr New Member

It is true that both parties must be there to transfer ownership of the number. You aren't just transferring it to another account, you are transferring it to an account owned by someone else.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?