1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Tm510 Phone on Verizon from Cricket

Discussion in 'LG' started by RyanG, May 23, 2004.

1. RyanG

RyanG New Member

I purchased a LGTM510 off of E-bay and it was misrepresented as being for Verizon but it seems to have been programmed for Cricket. Is there anyway I can program it for use on Verizon?

› See More: Tm510 Phone on Verizon from Cricket
  2. RyanG

RyanG New Member

anyone? anyone?

3. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist New Member

I'm not familiar with Cricket. If they utilize CDMA technology then, yes, you should be able to use it. A manual program would need to be done and a Verizon tech will need to flash the phone with Verizon's LG-510 software.

4. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist New Member

Well, I did a little research for you.

Cricket's network uses CDMA 1xRTT in the PCS band, which is what Sprint uses, meaning that it's an all digital phone on the 1900 MHz band. It's basically a single-mode phone as opposed to Verizon's version of the 510, which is tri-mode (800 MHz digital, 800 MHz analog, 1900 MHz).

What this means?

Basically, no you can't do it. I mean, technically you can-- but no one from VZ is going to do it. I wouldn't recommend it because you'll sacrifice way too much to make it work properly. In reality, it'll never work "properly".

I hope this helps and sorry you got duped! Next time, request an ESN from the seller and verify its usability on your provider's network.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rudrider

Rudrider New Member

Ryan,
    That is odd about your phone, I too just bought a LG 510 on Ebay and it works with verizon, just like they said.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?