1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Trading in broken phone for new model???

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by nyjets777, Dec 20, 2005.

1. nyjets777

nyjets777 New Member

My current phone is an E815. It is my third E815, and it seems to be having the same problems as the last two. My question is, if I went to the verizon store to trade this one in, would they allow me to trade it in for a RAZR and pay the difference? Any insight would be appreciated, thanks. :)

› See More: Trading in broken phone for new model???

2. BUmmedic

BUmmedic New Member

Supposedly, there's a three strike lemon rule with Verizon that many members in other forums have spoken of. I can't remember the exact details, but if you go through three of the same phone, you're entitled to move on to a different phone. Now, here's where things get sticky. I have heard some say that this is interpreted as moving to a different phone manufacturer (i.e., moto e815 bad x3, then move to an LG model, etc.). I'm also unsure if they give you a full refund and allow you to purchase another phone at new customer/upgrade pricing, or if they take the trade and you pay the difference. I would call CS, explain the situation (emphasize that you love the phone, but it's the third you've had and your issues are unresolved. Then politely ask if there's anything else that can be done besides trading it in for the same model again). Of course, this all assumes that you bought the phone through Verizon and they (or you) have records/receipts of your purchases and trade-ins. Hope this helps.

PS - what problems are you experiencing with your e815?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?