1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Transfer Pictures from Phone to PC?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by kbas, Apr 15, 2008.

1. kbas

kbas New Member

Hey,

I have a Motorola m1krzr with verizon. Its pretty much the biggest POS ever. I've had to replace it through Asurion twice in the 6 months I've had it, and it just broke again (these things are made of crap materials, I never even dropped it once) and Asurion canceled my insurance plan. So anyway, the screen inside is white, everything works, I just can't see anything because the LCD is broken. I have Motorola Phone Tools, but it can't take my pictures off. Is there any program, or something I can do, to transfer my pictures from my phone to computer? I have some pictures from when me and my friend went for a walk that I'd really like to get onto my computer.

So, is it possible, or does Verizon like to put your phone on lockdown and not let you do anything with it? I'm seriously SO fed up with this company, I wanna punch everyone that works there in the face, and I'm not even joking.

Thanks.

› See More: Transfer Pictures from Phone to PC?

2. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

If you can get MPT to recognize the phone, it shouldn't be too difficult to get BitPim to recognize it. You can then use the file system navigator in that program to get your pictures off.

Although, if neither MPT nor BitPim can see your phone, you're pretty much SOL.
  3. kbas

kbas New Member

Thanks, I'll check it out. And yeah MPT recognizes my phone, it just doesnt take the pics off. I already backed up my contacts. Thanks again... I'll let you know how it works out.
  4. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

So, did it work out?
  5. kbas

kbas New Member

Not yet. I'm still trying to get the right port open. It sees that its active but it isn't available. Thanks again!
  6. trinell05

trinell05 New Member

Try wiggling the cord. I have a sensitive data connection for some reason, and usually when I wiggle the cord, the status will change. It's been a few days since you've posted, so you've probably already tried this, but just thought I'd offer some advice.
  7. kbas

kbas New Member

Hmm. something with my computer I guess. I got it working on my dad's computer. It said on mine that the Motorola USB Modem was active but unavailable. Didn't figure it out, but it worked on my dad's computer. To anyone else having problems, just so you know, BitPim doesn't work too great with K1m's, so I set the phone to the V3c and it worked fine. thanks for your help everyone.
  8. esoto66

esoto66 New Member

Thanks for the help

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?