1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Transferring contacts from PC to enV Touch

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by Mikey Palmice, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Mikey Palmice

Mikey Palmice New Member

what is the best way to transfer contacts and calender information from your PC to the LG enV Touch phone using the data cable?

I have my contacts in outlook, but I can also use gmail.

thanks

› See More: Transferring contacts from PC to enV Touch
  2. Mikey Palmice

Mikey Palmice New Member

I was trying to use bitpim and I think I messed up the phone. I can't save any contacts now. I have no contacts in the phone and if I try to manually enter one I can not hit the save button. It simply does not work.

I can save pics though.

anyway to resest the phone or fix this?

thanks

I also noticed that the phone is working with backup assistant. It shows like 180 contacts but my contact list is empty, but the assistant says successful

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  3. Mikey Palmice

Mikey Palmice New Member

Verizon said to exchange the phone for a new one. I can't manually save contacts and I can't get contacts through backup assistant either. backup assistant thinks it's working, but the contacts are not appearing in the contact list.

what could have caused this? all I did was plug the phone into the PC, ran the program and tried to transfer, which would reset the phone.

any thoughts?

will verizon say I screwed up the phone? maybe it's a lemon

4. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

5. Mikey Palmice

Mikey Palmice New Member

actually, I did, but I just re-read it. Looks like there is a problem with contacts after using this.

question I have now is, how do you reset the phone? the poster said that works, thanks

ok, I got it to work again. I went to the security settings and did a phone reset and re-programmed the phone and it's all good now.

why wouldn't the rep on the phone have me do this from go?

whatever, it works now

thanks

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  6. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Glad you got it working - did this happen after trying to transfer contacts while bitpim was set to the lg versa?

7. Mikey Palmice

Mikey Palmice New Member

It happened from the first one I tried which I think was the Voyager. I also tried other CDMA phone and dare

and to clarify, there are two types of resets. Reset Default and Reset phone. The reset default did not clear the problem, the reset phone did. It did require a re-programming though, which worked on the first try.

so far, I am liking this phone a lot

8. stargazertony

stargazertony New Member

If you're a Verizon user you can sign up for the free MyVerizon account and have access to the contact backup site free. You can print and download them.

9. Mikey Palmice

Mikey Palmice New Member

yeah, I was just checking that out. Do you know if I can take contacts out of gmail or outlook and import them into the backup assistant database?

Or, would that be too much to ask?:laugh:

10. Mikey Palmice

Mikey Palmice New Member

is there a way to have the categories displayed in the web version of backup assistant?

11. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Adding contacts with bitpim to the env touch does mess up your contacts. but if you go to settings/tools, phone settings then security there you have to restore phone and it works again. But for whatever reason bitpim will not transfer contacts to the phone.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?