1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

UM175 Boosting dBm and Ping

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by Aerowud, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Aerowud

Aerowud New Member

I used to be able to play Xbox Live with no problems with lag.

But now I'm having a hard time with lag.
    I reformatted my computer thinking I had something eating my bandwidth, but that's not it.

I'm running QuickLink Mobile UM175 with a 13 dBm booster antenna mounted on an aluminum base by my window.

Without the antenna I usually get -87 to -92 dBm. With the antenna I get mostly -80 dBm, but I have seen -75 dBm.

What's the problem? I've done everything I can think of: moving the mount, moving the UM175, reformatting, etc. The ONLY other option I can think of is getting a Wilson power booster, but I would rather not spend $300 on it.

I use ICS through my computer with an ethernet cable running directly from my computer port to my xbox.

It's not just lag with my Xbox either. I used to be able to play Crysis online with little lag, but now it's even MORE impossible (yes, I only play local servers (300-500 miles)).

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I just did a speed test. RevA, -80 dBm.

.33 mbps down
    .50 up

428 ms ping.

WTF?

› See More: UM175 Boosting dBm and Ping
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. censtantinecel

censtantinecel Banned

Ping usually depends on the ratio of sending and receiving capabilities of both the servrers, and it also varies from one site to another depending on the traffic which inturns depends on the Bandwidth , try doing a ping test on different sites using WhoisXY.com Whois Search and see the difference, just try getting a different internet provider

1 person likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?