1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Unlimited data with hotspot

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by JDYORK99, Dec 11, 2011.

1. JDYORK99

JDYORK99 New Member

I recently upgraded to an I-Phone 4S. I had to get the 2gb data plan with it. I also have 2 I-Phone 4s ( not the phone I upgraded ) with the unlimited data which is grandfathered in. I talked with tech services who told me that I could change the phone# from one of the 4s to my new 4S and with it the unlimited data plan.

I also have an air card with a 5gb plan that I am considering getting rid of in Feb when it's contract expires and activating the hotspot feature on my phone.

On thier web site Verizon says that if you activate your hotspot with 10gb it can be added to your phone's 2gb for a total of 12gb.

Now with all that background out of the way, here is my question: If I swap ph#s to get the unlimited data then activate the hotspot would I still have unlimited data and how could they tell if the useage was from the ph or the hotspot? Maybe all this is mote, would activating the hotspot consitute a change of plan and so elimitate the unlimited data?

› See More: Unlimited data with hotspot

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?