1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Unlock Motorola Droid Bionic XT875

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by sureshot313, Apr 15, 2012.

1. sureshot313

sureshot313 New Member

I have a motorolla Droid Bionic XT875. First of all i love the phone its great. Ive been looking to unlock the phone however and have had no luck. The usually routes of getting codes from sites has not worked and none have a code yet. ITs locked to the Verizon network at the moment. Has anyone had any luck unlucking these phones?

Let me know im curious thanks!!

Mike

› See More: Unlock Motorola Droid Bionic XT875
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

You cannot unlock the Droid Bionic - do you mean root?
  3. hqa18

hqa18 New Member

[langtitle=es]Re: Unlock Motorolla Droid Bionic XT875[/langtitle]

[lang=es]Bueno aqui les traigo una informacion para todos los que les interese seguir este tema.

Se trata del motorolla droid bionic xt875. Como todos saben el codigo de liberacion de este modelo nunca ha salido para la sim card y para poder usarlo con otro proveedor. Al momento hay un proyecto en xda con este movil el cual nos permite usarlo con att o T-Mobile siendo el movil de verizon. Tengo uno aqui que ya empese a darle al mismo.

IMPORTANTE: LAS PRUEBAS HAY QUE HACERLAS CON UNA SIN CARD QUE ESTE ACTIVA Y CON PLAN DE DATOS , YA QUE LA DATA SERA LA QUE NOS HARA EL SWAP DEL SIM CARD , PARA ACTIVAR EL GSM ONLY , YA QUE ESTE MOVIL VIENE POR DEFECTO EN WCDMA Y NO ES GSM .Pasos a seguir. Probado por muchos usuarios que si les funciona bien.

1. Update Bootloader to (0A.72) ( solo nesesita actualisar si usaras luego una rom ICS de lo contrario pueden usar la misma )

2. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite
    ----> GB: VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01

Make sure Debug Mode is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)

3. Root the phone with motofail (motofail_windows.zip)

4. Install Bootstrap (BionicBootstrap.apk)

5. Reboot into recovery and install ICS Gummy (Gummy_targa-Release-1.0.2.zip + speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

6. To enable GSM/UMTS follow these steps:

1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
    2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
    3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
    4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
    5. Read the value from the device
    6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
    7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
    This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.

To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000[/lang]
  4. hqa18

hqa18 New Member

Ok

Enviado desde mi DROID BIONIC usando Tapatalk 2
  5. kartar

kartar New Member

I do not have any sim from verizon & i can not use at all. Some one can advise me to use this phone on the wifi only until unlock. thanks
  6. alexalas2707

alexalas2707 New Member

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?