1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Unlocking deactivated Verizon samsung SCH-U740 to use with Virgin Mobil

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by stefcaff, Dec 16, 2010.

1. stefcaff

stefcaff New Member

Hello all,

I have a Samsung SCH-U740 phone, which not only works great but is perfect for me.
    I used to use Verizon, but I have cancelled my service.
    I like the Virgin Mobile paylo service and would like to use them as my carrier instead of Verizon.
    I want to use my old phone rather than buying a new one that I don't like to use as much.
    I have been trying to figure out how to do this for a week now. So far I have figured out (I think) that my phone is CDMA(cause it is Verizon) and so it is a lot harder than a GSM phone to unlock.
    I also tried in vain to get my IMEI number. It is not under my battery and it did not work when I tried to type in the *#06# code.
    I do not know what to do now, and I do not know if there is anything that I can do... please help :) oh and thank you for your time.

› See More: Unlocking deactivated Verizon samsung SCH-U740 to use with Virgin Mobil
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately this phone can't be 'unlocked'. The only way you'd get it to work on Virgin Mobile is if you were lucky enough to have someone at VM flash the phone and activate the phone's EIN on their network.
  3. stefcaff

stefcaff New Member

Thank you for your response! Does anyone out there have any other experience?:blush:
  4. andreyks

andreyks New Member

unlock Samsung SCH-U740 to use in ukraine?
    How I can change internet settings to use in Ukraine. Voice calls are alowed but internet tries connect to verizon and return error.
  5. D.Dark

D.Dark New Member

unlocking your phone is your first step. You have to contact your phone supplier if they have the code to unlock your unit, or you may contact the phone manufacturer as how to flush the settings set the carrier, in this case, VZ.

about the internet settings, visit this site.. How to Tether My Samsung SCH-U740 | eHow.com

unlocked phones are also available in timtechs.com

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?