1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Update LG Dare (vx9700) to latest firmware - V06

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by jdeg, Aug 30, 2009.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

The following is how to update your LG Dare VX9700 to the latest firmware without bringing the phone into Verizon.

WARNING: If you do not have experience with updating phone software, do not perform this task as you could void the warranty on your phone and render it useless.

› See More: Update LG Dare (vx9700) to latest firmware - V06
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    2 people like this.
  2. Jonny99

Jonny99 New Member

Or you can go to the Verizon store and they will do it for free and you don't have to do anything! :p
    Lol, I'm probably getting my updated this weekend, I don't know why I've been waiting so long to do it...

3. tprouty

tprouty New Member

Hi,

I am having the same issues as in this thread, cellphoneforums.net/lg-voyager/t302193-update-lg-voyager-vx10000-latest-firmware-v12

says is not a valid DLL or OCX file. everything is where its suppose to be, installed the msi's

on Vista, tried both C:/windows/system32/cmd and C:/windows/system/command.com

same error.

4. GMPOWER

GMPOWER New Member

I had the same problem and ended up downloading this VX9700.dll installer that did the install for me h t t p ://rapidshare.com/files/130158532/_741589__VX9700DLL.zip.html
    I found this file at
    h t t p ://w w w .humpa. c o m/vzw/
    (sorry I can't post links since I only registered to post this, so just remove the spaces)

After this I was able to upgrade without any problems.
    By the way my system is vista ultimate x64

1 person likes this.
  5. tprouty

tprouty New Member

awesome, Thanks for the info, will need to try that later at home, as rapidshare is blocked here.

6. baateam2

baateam2 New Member

when I type the regsvr cmd in it tells me that it was loaded but that it could not find the entry point therefore it was not registered. Any suggestions?

7. tprouty

tprouty New Member

If you use the link above to get the DLL you would not need to type anything into command prompt, just open the program and its good to go.

Here I uploaded it to my site. aftershocksolutions.com/files/VX9700DLL.zip

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  8. baateam2

baateam2 New Member

Thanks, just worked through it while tinkering around.

9. mastashake2k

mastashake2k New Member

sooooo I managed to update my firmware fine..... but now everytime i try to place a call i get a message from verizon wireless that they cant authenticate my phone at this time. I tried dialing *228 and pressing 1 to reprogram my phone but all it says it is reset my lock phone password and the same problem when trying to place calls happens.

Ironically i can still access my email and browse the web.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated

after calling verizon I was able to get them to fix it, but of a pain but my phone works great with the new firmware, didn't have to go to the verizon store, an old bug where my phone would crash whenever clicking on my favorites tab is gone, so its pretty much a winning situation!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  10. ramses18

ramses18 New Member

i just finish putting the new firmware usin windows7 ultimate wthout any problems thanks bro!!!!

11. morphintime

morphintime New Member

What updates does V06 have from V05?

12. gck105

gck105 New Member

I am looking for information on doing this in Windows 7. I have downloaded everything, I found an updated driver that works for Win 7, but I can't get the .dll file to register properly. I get an error message no matter which method I use. LGPNST sees the phone, but without the .dll file I can't do anything.

13. mattysoul

mattysoul New Member

I tried to do this and totally screwed up my phone. I suck at computer stuff. I had to purchase an lg enV touch.

14. shadoww

shadoww New Member

[langtitle=es]Re: Update LG Dare (vx9700) to latest firmware - V06[/langtitle]

[lang=es]:flamemad:tengo uno pero de vuenas a primeras se me a pago ahora no me prende solo llega aste verizon wireless y de hay no pasa quiero la solucion del problema eh intentado con el software en el programa LGnpst. pero no lo reconoce nose k es lok le pasa pero no me prende kiero saver k puede ser. tambien tengo un VX8560 k tambien me iso lo mismo noc pork me hacen eso si entro las canciones foto y video sin virus pork me prebendo de eso kien me puede dar la soluxion al problema akii esta mi correo eddy_oro24k@hoymail.com porfavor ayudenme.:banghead::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::rock:[/lang]

15. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

updated links in the first post

16. rudysurhadi

rudysurhadi New Member

thanks for kind info, regretly can't update lg dare cause when i tried to upgrade button, can't continued as need input spc of your phone pls inform us reply, with warm regard, rudy

17. carlman10

carlman10 New Member

Hey those links for the installer file are outdated, could I get an updated link to the download please? I tried everything to register the dll to no joy. that would be nice to get the download to install and register the dll automatically.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?