1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

How-to Update LG enV2 (vx9100) to latest firmware - V07

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by jdeg, Aug 30, 2009.

1. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

The following is how to update your LG enV2 to the latest firmware without bringing the phone into Verizon.

WARNING: If you do not have experience with updating phone software, do not perform this task as you could void the warranty on your phone and render it useless.

› See More: Update LG enV2 (vx9100) to latest firmware - V07
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Jake_S

Jake_S New Member

I tried to install the latest firmware on my ENV2 (I currently have V04), but when I hit the start button I get an error message that says it was unable to locate the xml file. Any ideas?

Jake

UPDATE: If you are flashing from V04 to V07 you must download the V06 firmware to get all of the needed files, specifically the xml files
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

updated links in the first post
  4. Grrrrrrr

Grrrrrrr New Member

I already have version 06 on my phone. I followed all of the instructions to the letter, twice. In LGNPST, I still get the error "Failed to load XML file" but it doesn't say the name of the XML file or where it is supposed to be (and goodness knows the BIN file is too large to open and try to find that info). I have also re-downloaded the firmware more than once to lessen the chance of getting a corrupted file. Does anyone know where I can find fresh copies of the XML file(s) and where they need to go so this thing will work? Or, does anyone know of an alternate *entire package* that might be more reliable?
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  5. rolatio2

rolatio2 New Member

Have V07 installed dated 2008 with SWVER: VX91V07 and a whole bunch of version information that is applicable to someone but not to me. The one thing that irritates me is whether _03 later than what I have installed. I have no indication of how up to date V07 is.

In any case I have read the install instructions but the firmware fails with "Failed to load XML file".

I see no valid explanations for this error. Is it a file folder name problem? What is it? If there is an
    error in the programming of the update, how should the user be able to fix it. If I don't get a valid
    answer I'm going to T-Mobile for all future problems vice this $company$$$$$.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?