1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Update LG Voyager (vx10000) to latest firmware - V12

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by jdeg, Aug 30, 2009.

1. WiredNot

WiredNot New Member

Agreed. If you can't get to a Verizon store then the do-it-yourself approach would be a great benefit. Thank you John (tavenger5) for pursuing the capability.

Best regards, WiredNot

› See More: Update LG Voyager (vx10000) to latest firmware - V12
  2. foolio64

foolio64 New Member

Thanks for posting that zip; I've been looking for it, but it looks like that link is broken. Only other location I've seen that file hosted is a broken Rapidshare link.

Does anyone have a working link for it?

Thanks

3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Alright, I figured it out, and I should've seen this from the beginning. The dll file has to be registered. To do this:
    • Start > Run
    • Type regsvr32 "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX10000S\VX10KS.dll"
      (if you're running vista and you get an error navigate to C:\Windows\System32 - find cmd.exe - right click "run as administrator" - copy in the above and hit enter)
    The dll will now be in the list under "Select dll". FYI, if you ran the above installer then LGNPST_VX10000.dll will already be registered.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  4. elhondo

elhondo New Member

Thanks a ton for this guide. One note, and I'm not sure if it's related to OS at all (I'm running Vista 64 bit), but the extra step outlined in post 18 of this thread proved necessary for myself - I was unable to manually register the .dll (gave an entry point error).

5. jdeg

what did the error say? I tested on vista 64

6. elhondo

elhondo New Member

I created the model directory manually, per the follow on posts, and extracted the contents of the zip file there. I ran the regsvr32 command from the command prompt, both from the local directory and using an explicit path to it. The error that I got was a pop-up dialog box with a title of RegSvr32 and a text of "The module "vx10ks.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure the "vx10ks.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

After running the dll register utility posted in step 18, it went off without any further issues though.

7. jdeg

the msi in post 18 may have overwritten some files - make sure you overwrite with the ones from the original zip.

8. foolio64

foolio64 New Member

Hey,

I just want to say that with that new zip file with the dll I was able to do the update last night, took all of 5 minutes, everything is working great, didn't lose my contacts or anything.

Thanks for all your help tavenger5, couldn't have done it without you.

1 person likes this.
  9. jdeg

Glad to hear it! Thanks for reporting back foolio64

10. kozaic

kozaic New Member

Need help guys...im new to this but got a good grasp of what i'm suppose to do i try to load the dll for lgnpst but recieves the follwing error

"The module "vx10ks.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure the "vx10ks.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried the file in post #18

please help

11. jdeg

After running the file in post 18 is the phone recognized as the voyager in LGNPST?

1 person likes this.
  12. kozaic

kozaic New Member

u r the man Tavenger...first time i ever got a reply LOL

Well i had it working fine before and installed version12 firmware for vx10000 with no problem. but i tried to access my phone again to install bersion 5 instead cause i read where someone has all the apps working on that version and been recieving that error when installing dll file. i unistalled lgnost and reinstalled and now cant get a dll file to load. So help with changing firmware from version 12 to version 5 is what i really want to do. i am gonna try to put a fresh install of windows on my pc. i tried regcleaner and all other kinda crap. another before i installe version 12 there was version version 3 on my phone and it had METROCS on the screen but is now gone. any help would be great. i am new to this but i have a very good ideaof what i am doin. My ultimate thing to do is clone my existing phone frome metro pcs. I have one of the low end hand sets and would like to clone it on my vx10000 thank you so much.

13. WiredNot

WiredNot New Member

New problems with Calendar under firmware v12

Greetings,

I'm sad to have to report that there are a number or problems with the Calendar after upgrading from firmware v11 to v12. These problems all involve the touchscreen while using the month view. (I rarely use the other Calendar views and cannot comment about them.)

First, the touchscreen will sometimes stop working entirely after the Calendar is launched. Touching any part of it will have no effect. You can't select a date. You can't select a previous or the next month. Nor will any of the soft buttons at the bottom of the touchscreen work. The remedy is to press the Pwr/End button to exit the Calendar. Then the touchscreen will work normally again. In fact, I've re-launched the Calendar immediately after exiting it and it will work fine as if nothing bad had happened.

Second, sometimes when you click on one day, another day will be selected. This is not a touchscreen calibration issue because the day that is selected is often way away from where you touched. For example, touch a Friday date and a Tuesday or Monday date will be selected. You'll see the little popup indicator the same as if you had touched the other date and then the events for that date will appear. The solution seems to be to exit the Calendar with the Pwr/End button. Then you can launch the Calendar again and it may work okay the next time.

Both of these problems are intermittent---they come and go. But they happen pretty regularly so it doesn't take long before the Calendar begins to act up.

I haven't noticed any problems with the Calendar when used from the qwerty keypad. The problems seem to only happen from the touchscreen.

Finally, I use the Calendar a lot so I have much experience with it. I've never had this kind of trouble under firmware v11.

Best regards, WiredNot

14. achpoques

achpoques New Member

Re: Update LG Voyager (VX-10000) to latest firmware - V12

Link in post 18 doesn't work. I only get a weird amount of letters/numbers and Access Denied. Hmm

15. Dino_Dude

Dino_Dude New Member

Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to let everyone know what happened to me. Well, I went into a Verizon store and had them upgrade the firmware. My LG Voyager still had v7. Took about 40 mins to change. Anyway, they saved all my pictures to my memory card, but they lost all of my contacts! On top of that, I found out later that night, my phone was in roaming mode and I could not use my browser. I went back to a bigger Verizon store the next day. They were able to take the phone out of roam mode, but still couldnt fix the browser problem. Anyway, they will be sending me a refurb phone. What a pain in the arssssss!

16. drumm3rboy93

drumm3rboy93 New Member

17. fluffy

fluffy New Member

hello

i just read through the thread and tried it on my titanium. work easily, the .dll in post 18 still works and if you follow the steps it works.

i have one question though, updating from v07(regular voyager) is it normal to take forever? so far its still reading efs and at 2% after 18 minutes. i need it to not mess up on this one since its my backup. (the titanium needs new internal screen and digitizer)

update: it took it an hour to update but it worked well, i'm assuming the wait was because it had so much to rewrite

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  18. djscorpio67

djscorpio67 New Member

This is what mine looks like and it doesn't work. What's wrong?
    c:\Windows\system32>regsvr32 C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\VX10000\LGVX10000S
    This is the path with the DLL and Bin files.

Every time I try and run it The program stops working and my phone now says Service Required.

19. MSR4

MSR4 New Member

Okay, I dont know whats happening, but it keeps saying this file could not be registered when i entered
    regsvr36 "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\VX10000\LGVX10000S\VX10KS.dll"

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  20. picusanek

picusanek New Member

how easy

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?