1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to Update LG Voyager (vx10000) to latest firmware - V12

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by jdeg, Aug 30, 2009.

1. ctg867

ctg867 New Member

I downloaded the first file, installed LGNPST, downloaded the second file, and when I went to copy the contents of LGVX10000S into C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model, I realized I didn't I didn't have a folder named model in my LGNPST folder. I created a folder named model and placed LGVX10000S inside of it. I opened command prompt, typed in regsvr32 "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX10000S\VX10KS.dll, but got the following error:

The module "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX10000S\VX10KS.dll" was loaded bu the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "C\LG Electronics\LGNPST\model\LGVX10000S\VX10KS.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

I use Vista, and figuring it was the error you were mentioning, I went into C:\Windows\System32, right clicked an ran cmd.exe as an administrator. I tried typing in that same command, but it gave me the same error.

I then went into your Flashing Firmware tutorial, but when I went to plug my phone in, the program didn't recognize my phone. I then went and install the LG USB Driver, but it still said the phone was unknown. I went to File > Select DLL > Enter the .dll file for your phone, but nothing was there, which I believe is due to the earlier error message.

Care to help me out here? I've been using Bitpim for a while and I know my way around more advanced stuff like this, but that doesn't seem to be helping with this error. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

› See More: Update LG Voyager (vx10000) to latest firmware - V12
    1 person likes this.
  2. naraku_heru

naraku_heru New Member

Thanks..

3. newgman

newgman New Member

to CTG867....
    did you ever figure it out......I have the exact problem.......unable to register the VX10KS.DLL file....tried the regsvr32, cmd, as administrator, etc......keep getting the same error...almost as though it's a bad file or conflicting with another application

4. Vernon29RW

Vernon29RW New Member

Hey everybody,
    A few weeks ago I was able to upgrade mine to V12 and do enjoy the little display changes to it however, I had a few pretty major problems occur in the process. First off, all the games that I had bought from Verizon and paid for the subscription to use them were never reloaded onto the phone. So now I dont have any of my old games or apps that I paid for!!! Wiki Mobile for one example. Secondly the VCast Music Player doesn't load anymore. The screen turns red like its trying to load but just sits there with a blank red screen. Third and finally the worst of all to me is VZ Navigator is saying I need to purchase a subscription service before I can download the program. In my cell phone contract VZ Navigator is included so why do I have to pay to download it and use it month to month if I'm already paying for it. If anyone know a way around that and suggestions as to what I can do about all those games and apps I paid for that are now lost I'd appreciate it. I feel like I can't go to them and tell them about it because I updated the software myself which probably holds me liable if any data went missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

5. wendi413

wendi413 New Member

Well, I'd call myself a beginner probably as far as phones go. I've flashed firmwares to various models and I'm getting comfortable opening some of them up now and fixing minor problems. My latest project brought me to this page: An LG vx10000 Titanium Voyager

The phone itself seems to be fine and functioning, when I boot up the outside LCD shows "Verizon" then goes blank (when it should start the VCast intro) and never comes back on, though it is back lit for a little while. The inside screen and everything works, so I'm keeping as a parts phone if for nothing else.

My first thought was maybe a new firmware flash.. I fixed a phone's camera in the past by giving it a new good firmware. It was on v11 so after some googling I made it here, followed the guide and it flashed to v12 in about 5 minutes - thanks :) Problem still persists though... phone works perfect except the outer LCD.. though the LCD itself should be good since it displays the beginning of boot up. Also the End key works for power up/down, but Send and Clr are a no go.

I followed another tutorial on this forum to help me open it up, made sure all the connections were tight, exp in the flex cable LCD side and keyboard side, didn't seem to help any. Was just curious if there are any thoughts on the issue? Is this firmware just an update - and perhaps if I do like a monster full flash it might help? In which direction should I go to find one of those? Maybe order a new flex cable? No use sinking money though if I don't know. Thanks everyone for all the helpful posts over the years. Not a huge necessity - but it seems like it should be something silly and easily fixable!

Hmm... I took a few more minutes to think about it after posting this and since I have another LG Voyager I tested THIS theory... it acts EXACTLY like it would if the screen was flipped open the whole time. Now I'm curious where inside it tells it that it's being flipped open/closed... should I start a new thread for this?

EDIT: Guess we can disregard this whole post.. it was what I thought of, it didn't know it was closing. My dad opened it up and found two magnets inside that were corroded. They're fixed and phone is working fine, been using it a week or so now. Cool beans :)

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  6. warri0r

warri0r New Member

[langtitle=it]Re: Update LG Voyager (vx10000) to latest firmware - V12[/langtitle]

[lang=it]lol[/lang]

7. californiagal

californiagal New Member

tavenger5,

thank you so much for posting the info to update to V12.

I bought a phone off of ebay and it was @ V07. The Verizon stores could not update for me as the updates for this phone have been archived and no longer available. I could not update at lg.com either.

After I downloaded everything it took less than a half hour to update to V12.

Many, many thanks!
    Stacey
    :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  8. cinful1

cinful1 New Member

I bought a LG900G smartphone. It's not in the list of phones anywhere so i can't ask my question on the forum because i have no phone info. Like verizon has the *228 to update, how can i do it for this phone?. my reception is not good.

9. sevenveils

sevenveils New Member

Can someone PLEASE upload the DLL installer linked above? This link leads to a blank screen.

I am having the same problem as many posters: LGNPST will not recognize my phone and I cannot manually register the DLL included with the .BINs and such. I am stuck at the very end of the process, and just need the LGNPST DLL. Thanks very much!!

10. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I updated the links in the first post - try it now. (sorry it took so long)

11. rjaffeux

rjaffeux New Member

Would you be nice enough to help me update mine too. I just bought a phone off ebay also and have to update to V12 also. but I'm not doing so well. it seems my phone but won't reg. it. So I can't get any further. thanks Rachel

12. rjaffeux

rjaffeux New Member

Post #18 leads to no where. Can you give me a new link and tell me where to put it? thanks

13. jfl14609

jfl14609 New Member

will this update get me past the catalog error when I try to get vz navigator to work

14. Arwarburg

Arwarburg New Member

I know it's been quite a while since anyone has posted in this thread....Is this possible to do using Windows 7?

15. Jetskier

Jetskier New Member

This really is a waste of time. The DLL file does not work, and the procedure is so easy to screw up for novices that it really is too risky. I have tried numerous variations of the files offered, on various computers, and with various operating systems. All of them have the same result, in that the DLL file will not register. Save the frustration folks, and head down to your Verizon store. You might get lucky and find one that still has the software to do this.

I appreciate the time and energy that folks have invested into this sequence, and the LG app and the drivers do work fine. But without a functioning dll file, this whole procedure is worthless.

16. avwtp

avwtp New Member

Just for anyone still trying to update this phone to v12. It won't work. All the rapidshare links are broken.
    * the VX10KS.dll in LGVX10000S_VX10KV12 is not correct for LGNPST as it can't be registered and doesn't have GenericModel dependency.
    * I did find a LGNPST_VX10000.dll that correctly registers but it's broken trying to read setting.xml
    * it is possible use another model definition such as vx9600 or vx8560 (and using the vx10k setting.xml) to view data on the phone, but no way would I attempt to update the firmware.

Verizon has dropped support for this phone so it can't be reprogrammed in-store. Wasted 2 days searching and trying, hopefully this post will shorten the pain for anyone after me.

17. TCG

TCG New Member

Yes, it is a shame that the V12 firmware seems to be nowhere to be found. Phone dealers are still selling the LG Voyager, in new or remanufactured form, because it was such a popular phone. It still is in my opinion, a very good basic phone. But what the phone sellers are not telling you, is that most of the new units being sold are V11 firmware, which is no longer supported on Verizons network. You must have V12 in order to download data from Verizon. So you endup with a phone that cannot utilize some of its features....thanks Verizon.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?