1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

USB cable to put music on phone?

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by dchilds08, Jan 24, 2009.

1. dchilds08

dchilds08 New Member

Do i need the USB cable that came with the Dare to put music on my phone? or is there a way i can just put the songs on the SD card then put it in my phone?

› See More: USB cable to put music on phone?
  2. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

Re: Question?

There isn't a way to place the SD card in your computer and transfer music and have it work for your phone. Yes, you can insert the card into your computer, but don't expect it to work when you place the card in your phone.

The music isn't formatted from your phone if you place it directly on the SD card without a USB cable.

3. Cody21

Cody21 Member

Maybe I'm missing the point. But I can - and do - just remove the REMOVABLE SD Card from my phone and insert it into my laptop. (The SD card came with a special adapter that the card slides into.)

After inserting the SD Card into my computer, it just looks like another drive. I open it up in Windows Explorer and simply drag & drop my MP3s, Pics, and Videos to the respective folders on the card, remove it, and insert it back into my DARE ... works just fine.
  4. Michelle Owen

Michelle Owen New Member

yessssssssssssssss!
  5. bindsay_boo

bindsay_boo New Member

so you can just move the music from your laptop to the SD card to the Dare and use those files as ringtones? or are you talking about just playing the files as music
  6. Cody21

Cody21 Member

Just talking about the Music files (MP3s)
  7. socom79

socom79 New Member

Yes, just make sure you get them into the right directories it shoudl work fine...
  8. DareI

DareI New Member

Yes, that's what I did and it works fine and sounds terrific--especially with my Bose ear buds!:)
  9. darederek

darederek New Member

don't see how these people took that long to answer that u just put the music in my_music; pictures in my_pictures and so on

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?