1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Use Alltel phone on Verizon network?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by noworries, Feb 10, 2010.

1. noworries

noworries New Member

My wife lost her verizon cell phone. Her father gave her a motorazr v9m that he never learned to use (Alltel). Verizon is telling us that they can't use the alltel phone on a verizon plan - even though they own Alltel now. Any advice? Are we being sold a bill of goods so we'll buy a phone from them? It seems like this Alltel phone may be useless now. Thanks for your help

› See More: Use Alltel phone on Verizon network?
  2. rob62158

rob62158 New Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news,but we ran into the same problem when our area was swtched over to Verizon. We had just purchased a couple of new Alltel phones just before.
    The only good thing about it was that the transition hadn't become manditory and they were pretty flexable in transferring customers. What saved us was if you had a line on your plan due for an upgrade they would do it and no costs for changing etc. But the Alltel phones were paper weights as far as they were concerned as they weren't cost effective to make work with their service.
  3. Twinkie_D

Twinkie_D New Member

I have a cell with Verizon and bought a second cell for work. When the contract and my job ended, I canceled the second cell.

My friend needed a cell, he also had Verizon. When he went in to reactivate the cell he was told that it was an Alltel cell and they can't activate it!! On the cellphone itself it clearly said Verizon and NOT Alltel. My question is now, can I go in and get my $240 back, ($10 a month for 2 years) since they claim it's not their cell and I've been paying the wrong company.

I was VERY happy with my service until 2 years ago when I made the mistake of getting the Versa cell (my regular cellphone) and have had NOTHING but issues with it--and this to boot.

I'm headed into Verizon to attempt to get my money back. If I get aggravated enough it will be bye-bye Verizon, hello....competitor company!!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?