1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Used S4 for $200?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Danielle, May 9, 2014.

1. Danielle

Danielle New Member

My friend is selling her S4 for $200 because she says she's having issues with Verizon and wants to switch to AT&T. It'll mean breaking contract for her but I was wondering if I could buy the phone and put it on my plan or if it will cause problems because her contract isn't up. Anyone?

› See More: Used S4 for $200?
  2. Gregg

Gregg New Member

As long as the phone isn't still on her plan when you try to activate it, you should be fine. I've bought phones from friends before and all they had to do was call in and deactivate the phone first.

3. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

They also have to have their bill completely paid off if you want to use the phone on Verizon...

4. Demello

Demello New Member

I was faced with the same issue and I then paid off the entire bill before I could sell my old Samsung. It is not an issue with the carrier provided you pay the bill and have nothing pending. The latest Samsung has me tempted again and I am planning to dispose off one of my older phones.

5. Dialtone

Dialtone Member

Wow, I didn't know that it was so complicated because when I switched carriers the last time it took me only a few days to dispose off my old phone. I guess it must have been easier at the time since it was several years ago. Also, I had sold it off pretty cheap so whoever bought it must have taken it because of the price.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?