1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Using the MicroS on LG choclate?

Discussion in 'LG Chocolate' started by Reef81, May 22, 2007.

1. Reef81

Reef81 New Member

Hi every1, I have a LG choclate vx8500 that I'm trying to get music from my hard drive to. I bought a 1g Micro S card and reader. I copied 2 albums to the card and put the card into the phone but for some reason the phone keeps telling me (list empty) for the all songs,playlist,album etc.. I did format the card before doing anything else and I know the albums are on there because once i put it back in the card reader it comes up on the computer..:flamemad:
    I cant figure it out. Could anyone help me out?

› See More: Using the MicroS on LG choclate?
  2. paulcman

paulcman New Member

You have to put your music files in the "my_music" folder on the card. Also, make sure you are not putting the music in subfolders, as the phone will not read further than the first folder for your music.

3. Reef81

Reef81 New Member

Yes I have been putting it into the (my_folder). As far as subfolders what do you mean? That sounds like the problem because the files are saving properly to the card but the phone won't read the card. If you could explain it to me I would greatly appreciate it. (Its been kicking my ass...lol) Thanks

4. paulcman

paulcman New Member

If you have your music filed in folders within the "my_music" folder, they are called subfolders. You phone can only read the first layer of folders, so you would need to get rid of any subfolders. Also, make sure your filenames are short (less than 20 characters) or your phone may not recognize them.

If none of this works, make sure you actually have actually ripped your music to MP3 or WMA files as they are the only types your phone can play. AAC, MP4 or any other filetype will not be recognized.

Good luck, keep us posted on your progress.

5. Reef81

Reef81 New Member

Paul you are da man... file names were too long..:ah: .Thanks for the help

6. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Glad that it worked for you!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?