1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon A650 How do I get this data cable to work??

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Cougar, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Cougar

Cougar New Member

I would be so grateful for any help. I ordered the data cable from infinitewireless. It came today. I put the CD in the computer and followed the directions which said I should install the A600 if my phone is an A650. However, the phone definitions are provider specific and A600 is for Sprint and my service provider is Verizon. I then went to the web and downloaded the updates but there still is no A600 or A650 under Verizon. So I installed the Sprint A600 since it seems to me it shouldn't matter who the provider is since all I want to do is transfer info from my PC.

I have version 7.18 of Bitpim which looks like it would be really nifty IF I could get it to recognize my phone is connected. I choose "Other CDMA phone" as I had read in the forums this was the way to go. ComPort is set at "auto" . When I go to the data...I cannot get it to see my phone. I am running Win2000 SP4

I downloaded Gagin after reading somewhere that I needed it...but I can't figure out what to do with it. Also, I do not get a phone signal up here. So my phone is turned on and unlocked...does it make a difference that I don't get signal up here since again...all I want is to transfer data from the PC to the phone?

› See More: Verizon A650 How do I get this data cable to work??
  2. capn_kirk

capn_kirk New Member

in bitpim go to view and then check filesystem and then with your phone pluged in click on the + sign and it should show you all the info in your phone then to be able to add ringtones go to user + tab then to sound then ringer at the ringer word right click and then pick add new file then slect the midi you want to use. For wallpapers click on the + by nvm then brew then on shared and repeat the same process as adding a ringtone. If the file does not exist right click the screen and add the file. I hope this helps because it took me two weeks of searching and then was able to figure it out. Does any one know how to add animated wallpaper to the phone I would like to know. Thanks +

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?