1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Verizon Backup Assistant?? IN ORDER? I WISH! ~ HELP~!!!

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by bluehue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. bluehue

bluehue New Member

In each entry for my phone number/address book on Verizon Wireless Backup Assistant it has a box for "First" name and "Last" name. I do just that... I put the first names in the FIRST NAME box and the last name in the "LAST NAME box. So I expect when I pick the option for all my people to be listed by "Last Name"... that they would all come up by their "Last Name". I have checked and re checked them all to make sure they are filled in right but I only have about half of my entries coming up with the last name first. WHY??? Or why isn't that option working? TO ME... that makes a mess of my Verizon Wireless phone book. PLEASE...Any help would be so appreciated!! Thank You~

› See More: Verizon Backup Assistant?? IN ORDER? I WISH! ~ HELP~!!!
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Are you entering them from your Thunderbolt?
  3. bluehue

bluehue New Member

The majority came from another phone over time... BUT... when you look INSIDE Verizon Wireless Backup Assistant I checked all the first and last names and they are in the correct boxes... and they all in the right place in the boxes... BUT bring up the listing of contacts... and I can't get them all to come up LAST NAME FIRST. You can't get them to all come up first name if you wanted to either. Doesn't make any sense.
  4. intuvio.com

intuvio.com New Member

bluehue - plenty of other options out there (free even) to backup your stuff, even contacts. If you're using a gmail account the contacts should already be there in the cloud anyway. Can you clarify the need to use the backup assistant specifically? If so I can recommend some specific alternatives.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?