1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Verizon credit checks

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by 3100_Fiero, Nov 9, 2005.

1. 3100_Fiero

3100_Fiero New Member

How long does this take? I submitted my order through Wirefly more than 48 hours and still nothing. I ended having to chat so I could change my shipping address since I'm moving, and she gave me a number to call to confirm it anyway. Call the number at Verizon, and they needed my driver's license and ssn to verify it was me (I was asking for an Ohio number while living in Texas) - but they (Verizon) never sent me an email to request this. Now that it's sent in, how long do there credit checks take? I've had other places do credit checks in a matter of minutes. Part of the reason I'm switching to Verizon from ATT/Cingular is because of customer service, but so far I'm not impressed, and I don't even have my service yet.

› See More: Verizon credit checks
  2. ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik Verizon Advisor

Credit checks through retail stores are instant. If there is a problem, they will call the credit department right on the spot to get the situation resolved. As for resellers or 3rd party vendors, it may be a different story.
  3. 3100_Fiero

3100_Fiero New Member

It finally got approved today. Seems there was information that was missing, and neither Wirefly nor Verizon notified me. And of course, neither of them took the responsibility for the notification either. Whatever. My phone have been shipped and I'll get them on Monday (Tuesday actually, I'm moving on Monday).

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?