1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon Difficulties

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by CountryGirl14, Jul 5, 2011.

1. CountryGirl14

CountryGirl14 New Member

I got my first Palm Pre Plus {from Verizon} November of 2010. My first one froze and needed completely replaced less than a month later in December of 2010.

My second phone stopped working on May 24. In the left hand corner where it typically says "Verizon Wireless" it instead read "phone offline". I couldn't send, view, or recieve any emails, texts, calls, or access apps or the internet. I've gone round and round to get it fixed with Verizon. a replacement was supposed to come the week of Memorial Day and it never came. inally called and complained only to find out they'd never sent out the order for it so they temporarily re-activated my old phone {Verizon's Env2}
    We then got the run around that it was no longer under warranty because, get this, it had been refurbished FOUR TIMES before I had it! FOUR PEOPLE had the same phone and had problems with it! It was originally issued in March of 2010! And they had the nerve to say I'd have to pay for another phone! 1) the original phone I'd got in November of 2010 was FREE. No costs had to be paid. Just the monthly bill for internet on it (an extra $30 a month).

Now my new phone finally came in 2 weeks ago and I am already having problems with it. Instead of reading verizon in the corner it reads "extended network". I am thinking something is wrong with the battery as when I use it at all, the back heats up and becomes very hot. I have not recieved any messages for 2 days and the battery drains almost instantly.

I loved this phone very much but it does have lots of problems. I am ready for a different kind. Sad, this is my 3rd phone in 7 months! I am fed up with Verizon and this phone.

As soon as my contract is over my family will be switching to a different, cheaper, more friendly/helpful network. I am very disappointed with them and how they've handled this situation.

Has anyone else had these types of problems with their phones? Or their service from Verizon?

› See More: Verizon Difficulties
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

I usually get very good service from Verizon. It sounds like the problem lies with the pre plus antenna and the coverage in your area.

Has doing a *228 helped at all?
  3. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

Sounds like you're eligible for a Multi-Fru replacement.

This type of replacement is covered if you are currently under a warranty. After about 3 replacements within a specific time frame, Verizon Wireless is required to offer you a different (comparable) model for free. In some states, you must still pay the sales tax. You usually have to pressure Verizon Wireless into doing this type of replacement for you.

Try it!
    1 person likes this.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?