1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

verizon family plan + omnia = nada

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by kkush, Oct 17, 2010.

1. kkush

kkush New Member

hi, I am brand new to the forums and been reading through them all day. I could not find my answer so i decided to post my own, so if any one has the answer please help and thank you.

I originally had a samsung trance on a family plan. Then i took a dip in the pool, and ever since i have cycled through older Verizon phones, lg chocolate, motorrolla razor...etc.

My friend just got a new phone and gave me his samsung omnia

I have already tried activating the phone using *228 and i had to talk to a rep. When i talked to the rep lady she said i would have to activate the smart phone data package, the cheapest one being 30 dollarss.

So my main question is can i use the samsung omnia on the family plan while still paying my normal 9 dollars a month and not upgrade to the smart phone data package???? If so HOW??

› See More: verizon family plan + omnia = nada

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?