1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon has me very upset right now.

Discussion in 'Site Questions & Feedback' started by myprettypower, May 19, 2016.

1. myprettypower

myprettypower New Member

In 2 days, it'll be 1 month since my Verizon service was suspended. The account, service, everything.
    My boyfriend had his debit card on my account still. We had both forgotten, months and months had passed. My boyfriend viewed his bank statements, and saw that money had been taken out that he didn't take out. He thought it was FRAUD. So he went up to the bank, and filed it as fraud. Once we had both discovered it had came from MY account, indeed, he went BACK UP to his bank, and dismissed the case - told them that it turned out his card was still on my account and that it was not actually fraud. The bank told him that they completely understood, and would clear it out as fraud.
    Before he had went back up to the bank to tell them that, the bank had already contacted Verizon about the "fraud" case - (which actually isn't fraud at all.. just a HUGE mistake), and my account/phone was completely suspended/shut off (serial number blocked, on fraud list) And BEFORE I knew why, I called Verizon to see what was going on. I had a representative tell me to just go purchase another SIM card, and my phone would work.
    Apparently he wasn't paying attention when he had my SUSPENDED account opened in front of his face - because my serial number is completely blocked from Verizon services because I'm a "FRAUD" in their eyes - though that's been dismissed by the bank for weeks.
    I, then, wasted 50 bucks on a brand new SIM activation kit, and knew that I had wasted money once it arrived that day and I found out what actually happened. The representative giving me false information instead of explaining the full situation didn't help though. So by now, I'm out a phone and 50 bucks.
    I know, I've got your heads spinning. Try being me.
    I contacted Verizon, day by day by day, and I explained the story to them. Each person was seemingly sympathetic, and understood. They submitted a form to the Fraud department - and told me I'd get a call back in 5-10 business days. Never a single call back. Waited, and waited, and waited. It was just me calling them.
    Verizon, then, gave me a number to the fraud department so I could just contact THEM instead of waiting for eternity. (I have a job, too busy to sit and wait for a phone call unfortunately.) They gave me the wrong number 3 times, and each time I was transferred, they said that "this particular fraud department only works for contract phones." (I have a prepaid SIM free device I purchased brand new.) The prepaid fraud department cannot be contacted, they told me as well. Ridiculous. I call Verizon itself AGAIN, and a representative tells me the bank has to contact Verizon fraud department first in order for them to dismiss the case (dismiss it through Verizon, the bank already has it dismissed..) So I called the bank, they said they'd contact Verizon. Called twice, was told the same thing. Still haven't heard anything back. My serial number is blocked, and I had to resort to going and buying an AT&T SIM card so I could use my fucking phone seeing as I am 100% innocent, and it has even been proven so. But out a good working phone. Why isn't Verizon working harder to take care of this? I may have a useable phone through AT&T now, but the service sucks compared to Verizon. I'm an innocent person, my boyfriend and I made a mistake, and it's been cleared out for weeks by the bank itself. Absolutely NO reasoning behind why Verizon can't unblock my serial number by now, or get ahold of the bank, vice versa, etc. Could I take legal action over this? Seeing as I am not guilty? 100% innocent. I shouldn't be treated as a criminal when I am a paying customer, and have been for over 3 years now. It's proven that this was a mistake. I was told by Verizon that they could and would unblock my number once they've spoken to me and the bank and it's been confirmed. So???? What are they waiting for? Eternity? It's been almost a month, as I stated. What's the next move on my part? Because I just keep getting the run around from Verizon. It's ridiculous.
    IT WAS A MISTAKE, and has been dismissed - just to clarify - though I know I stated that a few times. But this has, indeed, been marked as an accident. The bank knows, Verizon knows and it's on my account - so what in the heck is going on? What do I do? Seriously. I don't deserve this at all.

› See More: Verizon has me very upset right now.
    Last edited: May 19, 2016

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?