1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon motorola phone turns on, but doesnt stay on.

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by MBRMBR, Aug 3, 2006.

1. MBRMBR

MBRMBR New Member

like the title says, it turns on... shows the welcome screen... then just does a white flash and turns off again. Its a verizon motorola phone and looks like the pic below.

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET BACK PHONE NUMBERS, PICTURES or ANYTHING?

Thanks.

› See More: Verizon motorola phone turns on, but doesnt stay on.
  2. MBRMBR

MBRMBR New Member

Attached the picture.

Attached Files:

3. MBRMBR

MBRMBR New Member

what the hell kind of a board is this? no replies in 12 hours.

4. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

its an e815.... and most of us, like you are in North America... therefore we sleep from time to time ;)

do you happen to hear the sounds of the battery being dead when you try to power it up? Mine would do that when the battery was REALLY REALLY dead.... power up.. I'd hear the BEEdooop, and it was off again....

Take the battery off, wait 30 seconds, put it back on and charge it.... my best guess

5. MBRMBR

MBRMBR New Member

the charger doesnt charge the battery. i think its cause i let the phone die all the way, way to many times? atleast thats why its not working now.

-M

6. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

.....so your battery hasn't been charged in a while :confused: ??

1 person likes this.
  7. MBRMBR

MBRMBR New Member

heres what happened.

1. my battery died on my cellphone
    2. I charged it up over night, like usual.
    3. next day i go to turn on my cellphone.
    4. it turns on but freezes, so i took out the battery for a min.
    5. go to turn it on again and it doesnt stay on. it shows the welcome screen then just dies.
    6. go to charge it some more, but i kept the carger in for over 5 min playing around wiht the connection and it wouldnt indicate that the phone was charging.
    7. took it to verizon, they told me my phone turns on, but doesnt stay on.
    8. covered under warranty, im getting another next week.
    9. i want to find out how to turn it on and retreive all my pictures and phone numbers. or find out a way to get them back.

8. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

they should be able to connect one phone to another and do that for you at the store :).... make a fuss about faulty products and they should do it free!

9. Gibralter

Gibralter New Member

I had an LG do that, what your moto did and was at the Verizon store to get a new one phone. Like jeaniesing said, just be sure they know that you really want them to do it, and don't take no for an answer. It only takes them 3 mins but they do baulk at doing it, for me atleast. Just don't take no for an answer. Polite but firm is the ticket!

10. jeaniesing

jeaniesing New Member

Exactly!! they have a machine to do it... its a pain to find he right cords and program the beast.... but going from onr e815 to another shouldnt be an issue... and my old Motorola t120 and NO charge when my contacts were transferred to my e815

11. paulcman

paulcman New Member

That's all well and good for your ringtones, but you will lose any pictures and ringtones you have in memory. Sorry.

1 person likes this.
  12. MBRMBR

MBRMBR New Member

thanks for the help guys, well.. mostly jeaniesing :)

verizon took the phone, and i got my new one. i didnt get the pictures recovered, but i guess ill just have to take more!

13. MotoFan

MotoFan New Member

Sorry to hear that you could not get your stuff.
    Even if the battery does not charge, you could have tried to connect it to your PC USB port and it would have power to stay on, assuming it was a battery problem.
    Too late now I guess !!

14. spum

spum Random News Bot

The machines that get the phone book will not recover games, ringtones, wallpapers, pictures, etc. If the phone will not power on to the main screen, the phone book will not be accessible either.

15. MotoFan

MotoFan New Member

I guess this dicussion is now purely our curiosity.
    If the phone came on but dint stay on, it means the battery is not retaining charge or the phone is not charging the battery even though it says charging. My guess is if this was connected to a usb cable, the phone may have stayed on. And then maybe we could use MPT to transfer everything to PC.
    Any thoughts?

16. spum

spum Random News Bot

If it was a battery issue, the store would not have replaced the phone. The phone wasn't getting past the Motorola screen so there is no way he could have transferred anything out of the phone. It would be like trying to get files off of your hard drive when your computer is stuck on the Windows startup screen.

(I realize that there are other ways of getting stuff off a hard drive, but bear with me...it's just an example)

17. MotoC139

MotoC139 New Member

Why cant they just throw it on that machine thing? Only some things transfer?

18. spum

spum Random News Bot

The machine that transfers phone books can't do anything with a phone that can't supply the information. If the phone isn't getting past the startup screen, there's no way to access the information in the phone.

19. paulcman

paulcman New Member

It's like trying to retreive a Word document from a hard drive on a computer that won't POST. If the computer will not load the operating system, you can't get to the data.

The same is true for the cell phone. If the phone will not get past the start screen; the OS will not load; the data is not accessible.

20. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Wow... what must I have been smoking when I posted this? I meant of course; "That's all well and good for your phonebook..."! But that has been firmly established by the posts that followed.

Oh, what you must think of me...LOL!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?